Makes a change from a clock

Old September 3rd 11, 06:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

Default Makes a change from a clock

A BOSTON legal executive has been told 'on yer bike' after completing 25
years service for a local firm. Thankfully for Andrew Dawson, it's not a
sacking, but the gift of a mountain bike as a thank you for his dedication
to Chattertons Solicitors."I have been riding it most nights since getting
it," said Andrew, of Quadring.

"I enjoy cycling to Rutland Water but I always had to hire a bike - now I
don't have to." He added; "I also have a family holiday in Center Parcs next
month, so will make good use of it then." Andrew, who went to New York
Primary School as a child, joined the firm as a trainee legal executive in
1986. At this time he was a 'Jack of all trades' but soon picked up work in
crime, matrimonial and personal injury.

http://www.bostonstandard.co.uk/comm... ce_1_3024183

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

Old September 5th 11, 10:59 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Scion

Simon Mason wrote:

"I enjoy cycling to Rutland Water but I always had to hire a bike -
now I don't have to."

25 years in the legal business and he couldn't afford a bike?
Old September 5th 11, 11:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Sep 5, 10:59*am, Scion wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:

"I enjoy cycling to Rutland Water but I always had to hire a bike -
now I don't have to."

25 years in the legal business and he couldn't afford a bike?

Goeiemorgen.

Must be an underpaid profession, the legal business.
Here in industry, it's a different story.
Like we say oop north - where there's muck there's brass.

--
Simon Mason
Old September 5th 11, 12:50 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Griff

On Mon, 5 Sep 2011 03:03:57 -0700 (PDT), Simon Mason
wrote:

On Sep 5, 10:59*am, Scion wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:

"I enjoy cycling to Rutland Water but I always had to hire a bike -
now I don't have to."

25 years in the legal business and he couldn't afford a bike?

Goeiemorgen.

Must be an underpaid profession, the legal business.
Here in industry, it's a different story.
Like we say oop north - where there's muck there's brass.

Indeed - there is much filth and many a brass on the streets of Hull.
It is one of the most deprived areas in the country.

--
Simple Simon Mason - who cycles at 25mph in 20mph limits just because the limits do not apply to cyclists.
This includes exceeding the speed limit past three schools. A total disregard for the well-being of vulnerable road users.