This parallelogram seatpost suspension

Old August 5th 05, 09:41 PM
goldenchicken II

Default This parallelogram seatpost suspension

could it be any good for unicycles? The suspension doesn't work linear
with the seatpost, instead it moves the saddle slightly backwards.
Allegedly the SR Suntour parallelogram suspension system doesn't
decrease the distance between saddle and pedals.

http://www.srsuntour-cycling.com/standard.xml?vpID=168

--
goldenchicken II - There is more to cycling

Olaf Johansson
goldenchicken II's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10248

Old August 5th 05, 09:51 PM
johnfoss

Looks like a more compact version of the Thudbuster post available at
Unicycle.com. I don't think the angular movement is a plus for a
unicycle, but it still works (moving the frame forward a bit as it
compresses).

--
johnfoss - More Moab Fun

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

Old August 5th 05, 10:27 PM
goldenchicken II

I seem to be the bearer of stale tidings ...

Old August 6th 05, 11:07 AM
onebyone

I had a Thudbuster and it was like a rigid seat post. I was in contact
with designer and he said it relied on pivoting around the front axle of
a bike. A uni doesn't pivot, it just goes up and down.

It looked good though but did not allow much room for seat adjustment.
Consequently it has been replaced and gone to my old Pashley which is
made up of "great things" that I don't think are that great. This also
includes the nice looking, but super flexible Black Widow cranks.

--
onebyone

Bill Blogs is an alien!
www.municycle.com.au
onebyone's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10014

Old August 6th 05, 11:32 AM
ChangingLINKS.com

onebyone wrote:
*I had a Thudbuster and it was like a rigid seat post. I was in
contact with designer and he said it relied on pivoting around the
front axle of a bike. A uni doesn't pivot, it just goes up and down.

*

Thanks for that insight, I was considering getting one.

--
ChangingLINKS.com - member

Drew Brown
'Changing LINKS' (http://www.ChangingLINKS.com)
ChangingLINKS.com's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5468

Old August 6th 05, 06:36 PM
goldenchicken II

A better idea for suspension is to make the Pantour hub work on a
unicycle. Just don't ask me how.

http://www.kinetics.org.uk/html/pantour_hubs.shtml

Old August 6th 05, 08:13 PM
ChangingLINKS.com

goldenchicken II wrote:
*A better idea for suspension is to make the Pantour hub work on a
unicycle. Just don't ask me how.

http://www.kinetics.org.uk/html/pantour_hubs.shtml *

goldenchicken II, how?

Old August 6th 05, 08:43 PM
johnfoss

That Pantour hub looks really cool! For a front wheel. I think the
design concept precludes running a drivetrain through it. That would
probably require some sort of different approach...

--
johnfoss - More Moab Fun

John Foss, the Uni-Cyclone

"Read the rules!" -- 'IUF Rulebook'

Old August 6th 05, 09:49 PM
rob.northcott

johnfoss wrote:
*I think the design concept precludes running a drivetrain through
it.*

They do a rear bike hub, so it's supposedly possible to transmit drive.
I don't see how brakes would work (rim or disc) with a moving hub like
this either. Looks like it would be impossible to keep the rim/disc in
the caliper. Weird.

--
rob.northcott - Need to practise uphill mounts

New bicycle idea Bob Marley General 49 October 7th 04 05:20 AM
Still Looking for a bike [email protected] UK 19 September 5th 04 10:25 AM
Other Suspension seatpost benefits? rocketman58 Techniques 10 April 13th 04 06:08 AM
suspension seatpost? stinkster Unicycling 10 January 14th 04 07:32 PM