Effect of doping on 1 hour time trial

Old June 2nd 13, 01:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
raamman

Default Effect of doping on 1 hour time trial

On Jun 2, 2:05*am, Dan O wrote:
On Jun 1, 10:53 pm, Dan O wrote:

On Jun 1, 10:44 pm, Dan O wrote:

On Jun 1, 10:35 pm, User Bp wrote:

Amid all the scandals about doping in bicycle racing
are there any quantitative estimates of how much
difference the practice can make in a measurable
way, such as one-hour time trial distance or something
comparable.

Does anybody have pointers to relevant data?

It it makes a big enough difference to matter in daily
life perhaps we should all consider it as therapy. 1%
probably isn't worth trying, but 5% or 10% might be.

8-)

Thanks for reading,

bob prohaska

I live from one cup of coffee to the next.

As for the effect on records and data... I don't care. *It is what it
is and what it will be. *Ride Bike!

Re; daily life and chemical enhancement. *Have you seen those TV
commercials for Abilify - s drug that's supposed to boost the
effectiveness of your anti-depressant? *They're cartoon animation; the
early versions that I saw featured a sad looking umbrella that
represented th lady's depression. *The umbrella went with her
everywhere.

The latest version I've seen has dropped the umbrella. *Instead, a
yellow pill is trying to get her out of bed and urge her along to get
through the day; but it's tough (too tough). *So she goes to the
doctor, who adds Abilify to her anti-depressant, and then the rest of
the commercial shows her getting through the day "okay". *It's ****ing
eerie. *I swear they use some kind of stop-motion animation effect to
convey the zombie feeling. *She passes out copies at the office
meeting, and sits through the meeting without wishing she was dead.

Then it shows her at home, carrying a pitcher of lemonade and glasses
across the patio - kind of floating in that weird stop-motion thing -
past her husband cooking something at the grill. He glances up (sort
of) and gives a wan smile as she passes. *Okay; could be worse; meh.

Then she pours lemonade for the kids sitting at the table. **They*
look up with the same wan smile - "Is mommy about to have another of
her spells?"

*Everybody* in these commercials is bereft of any significant signs of
life, let alone passion. *Well, the doctor seems to have it
together... but held well restrained in check.

I understand this is probably necessary to seem credible to the target
market - people *already* on anti-depressants who know damn well
they're never going to wake up and want to sieze the day, but jeez
louise, come on - dope *plus* dope booster gets you to this level of
living!?- Hide quoted text -

just watch "side effects" by soderbergh ( on blu ray- wow ! the
cinematography justified the medium) - part of the storyline/ plot
deals with the effects of prescribed psychiactic drugs, and there is a
point in the movie where you can see how the commercialization of this
industry seeks to capitalize on the symptoms than a cure. one thing
leads to another in other words. great movie.
Old June 3rd 13, 01:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On Sun, 2 Jun 2013 05:06:27 -0700 (PDT), raamman
wrote:

On Jun 2, 2:05*am, Dan O wrote:
On Jun 1, 10:53 pm, Dan O wrote:

Reality is a movie?
--
Cheers,

John B.
Old June 3rd 13, 01:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

wrote:

just watch "side effects" by soderbergh ( on blu ray- wow ! the
cinematography justified the medium) - part of the storyline/ plot
deals with the effects of prescribed psychiactic drugs, and there is a
point in the movie where you can see how the commercialization of this
industry seeks to capitalize on the symptoms than a cure. one thing
leads to another in other words. great movie.

Reality is a movie?

I heard from a cyclist, that reality is an illusion brought on by a lack
of drugs.

--
JS.
Old June 3rd 13, 02:01 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

wrote:

just watch "side effects" by soderbergh ( on blu ray- wow ! the

cinematography justified the medium) - part of the storyline/ plot

deals with the effects of prescribed psychiactic drugs, and there is a

point in the movie where you can see how the commercialization of this

industry seeks to capitalize on the symptoms than a cure. one thing

leads to another in other words. great movie.

Reality is a movie?

I heard from a cyclist, that reality is an illusion brought on by a lack

of drugs.

--

JS.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ah yes...a eeeeeeeeeyayahahahah .....paraphrase

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&t...5&pf=p&pdl=300

BTW caffiene and beer are diuretics....a no good for cycling/marathoning/mtn climbing/swimming...

increased stresses on organs become deadly.

one need here is seperating stimulants used during rec riding...up to ? where the rec thins out

and Pro where $$$ is at stake $$$ not earnable in other ways for these human riders who usually are not equipped for $$$ skils

like the film.

Old June 3rd 13, 02:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

On 03/06/13 11:01, datakoll wrote:
On Sunday, June 2, 2013 8:50:16 PM UTC-4, James wrote:

I heard from a cyclist, that reality is an illusion brought on by a lack

of drugs.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ah yes...a eeeeeeeeeyayahahahah .....paraphrase

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&t...5&pf=p&pdl=300

BTW caffiene and beer are diuretics....a no good for cycling/marathoning/mtn climbing/swimming...

increased stresses on organs become deadly.

one need here is seperating stimulants used during rec riding...up to ? where the rec thins out

and Pro where $$$ is at stake $$$ not earnable in other ways for these human riders who usually are not equipped for $$$ skils

like the film.

The pros need diuretics to help flush out the roids before a test.

--
JS
Old June 3rd 13, 03:32 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

On Sunday, June 2, 2013 9:30:38 PM UTC-4, James wrote:
[...]

ppppppppppppp

retro under ?

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&....fTTs aSRtuLU
Old June 3rd 13, 05:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Dan O

On Jun 2, 6:01 pm, datakoll wrote:

snip

ah yes...a eeeeeeeeeyayahahahah .....paraphrase

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&t...r%20topics#hl=...

BTW caffiene and beer are diuretics....

.... also mostly water.

a no good for cycling/marathoning/mtn climbing/swimming...

But yeah - not ideal fershure. The Camels are worse, though, also
fershure. Could be worse yet.
Old June 3rd 13, 12:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
datakoll

On Monday, June 3, 2013 12:00:48 AM UTC-4, Dan O wrote:
On Jun 2, 6:01 pm, datakoll wrote:

snip

ah yes...a eeeeeeeeeyayahahahah .....paraphrase

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en&t...r%20topics#hl=...

BTW caffiene and beer are diuretics....

... also mostly water.

a no good for cycling/marathoning/mtn climbing/swimming...

But yeah - not ideal fershure. The Camels are worse, though, also

fershure. Could be worse yet.

so the Loo said, 'Not quiet Sir, the men ride the camel into town....'
Old June 3rd 13, 02:59 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Andre Jute[_2_]

On Monday, June 3, 2013 1:50:16 AM UTC+1, James wrote:

I heard from a cyclist, that reality is an illusion brought on by a lack
of drugs.

An appalling truth.

AJ