STUDS

Old January 3rd 14, 01:39 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
David Scheidt

Default STUDS

AMuzi wrote:
:On 1/2/2014 4:50 PM, wrote:
: On Wednesday, January 1, 2014 10:13:08 AM UTC-5, wrote:
: On Wednesday, January 1, 2014 8:50:03 AM UTC-5, wrote:
:
:
http://www.dsmweather.com/traffic/mi...oad-conditions
:
:
:
: ssssssssssssssssssssss
:
:
:
: an interesting effect from the early snows
:
:
:
: http://www.weather.gov/
:
:
:
: here in SWFL where the peloton went by earlier ( and slowly ) old folk esp with RV are not driving thru 'it'
:
:
:
: what we see are middle aged sports with HD in trailers and 60' speedboats.
:
:
:
: no geriatrics.
:
:
:
: the effect may play thru into bicycle riders but observing that effect more difficult than getting run down by trailerd 40' sports fisher.
:
: SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
:
:
: map shows snow 'storms' and now a snow squall line across ND. no cycling.
:
: and snowoff the lakes
:
: here's lake report
:
:
: ...STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM NOON FRIDAY TO 4 PM CST
: SATURDAY...
:
: THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN CHICAGO HAS ISSUED A STORM
: WARNING...WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM NOON FRIDAY TO 4 PM CST
: SATURDAY. THE STORM WATCH IS NO LONGER IN EFFECT.
:
: * WINDS...SOUTH TO SOUTHWEST TO 50 KT.
:
: * SIGNIFICANT WAVES...20 FT.
:
: * OCCASIONAL WAVES...28 FT.
:
: PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...
:
: A STORM WARNING MEANS WINDS OF 48 TO 63 KNOTS ARE IMMINENT OR
: OCCURRING. RECREATIONAL BOATERS SHOULD REMAIN IN PORT...OR TAKE
: SHELTER UNTIL WINDS AND WAVES SUBSIDE. COMMERCIAL VESSELS SHOULD
: PREPARE FOR VERY STRONG WINDS AND DANGEROUS SEA CONDITIONS...AND
: CONSIDER REMAINING IN PORT OR TAKING SHELTER IN PORT UNTIL WINDS
: AND WAVES SUBSIDE
:

:what the hell do you mean by 'no cycling' ??
:Sez who?

:http://www.yellowjersey.org/daily.html

I did not see one other bike today in chicago, where it was much
warmer than that (20F, -6.66C; real temp, wind chill is for sissies)
this morning, though rather snowier. The snow seems ot have
encouraged people to extend the holiday a day, or take the train,
because there was a wonderful lack of automobiles as well. Great fun.

I expect tomorrow's commute to be filled with nice ice ruts (low below
zero, and the plows won't have caught up with my route). Not so much
fun.

--
sig 16
Old January 3rd 14, 03:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, January 2, 2014 7:49:41 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Thursday, January 2, 2014 5:52:08 PM UTC-6, Frank Krygowski wrote:

In the state museum in Bismarck, North Dakota we saw a sign saying "40 below keeps the riffraff out."

- Frank Krygowski

Probably a lot of truth to that. Wisconsin, Montana, Wyoming, upper peninsula of Michigan, New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine. You don't hear about much crime and badness happening in those places. Actually you don't hear about much at all happening in those places. Canada I suspect is a pretty safe place overall. I'm sure the big cities in Canada are a bit less safe. But the big cities in Canada are probably safer than the big cities in the US.

HHHHHHHHHHH

coupla these here books in print

https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...YBEKYrM AE4FA

https://www.google.com/search?biw=12...63811521809149

city has more people..
Old January 3rd 14, 03:12 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 1/2/2014 5:52 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On Thursday, January 2, 2014 6:30:29 PM UTC-5, AMuzi wrote:

Nice notation, -40.
At minus 40, C and F are the same!

In the state museum in Bismarck, North Dakota we saw a sign saying "40 below keeps the riffraff out."

- Frank Krygowski

oft repeated here, with more than a little truth in it.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old January 3rd 14, 03:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

On 1/2/2014 6:15 PM, James wrote:
On 03/01/14 11:00, Duane wrote:
AMuzi wrote:
On 1/2/2014 4:57 PM, Duane wrote:

-40 here with the wind chill. Not a lot of riding today.

Nice notation, -40.
At minus 40, C and F are the same!

Yep. And cold as hell.

Hell did freeze over. The Eagles did regroup and play.

I cannot conceive of living in a place so cold. There must be some
really big pluses to make it worthwhile.

See Frank's comment upthread.

Old January 4th 14, 01:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

hoe hoe hoe there Goering...

read p498 Above the C.P.

http://books.google.com/books?id=LB6...mcphee&f=false

Old January 4th 14, 02:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Friday, January 3, 2014 8:34:07 PM UTC-5, wrote:
hoe hoe hoe there Goering...

read p498 Above the C.P.

http://books.google.com/books?id=LB6...mcphee&f=false

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

McPhee wrote a book on Doctors in Maine...writing abt north woods health issues in the process.

studs today:

https://plus.google.com/+NASAEarthOb...ts/6qrB6tBA7AN

Old January 4th 14, 12:45 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Friday, January 3, 2014 9:00:17 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Friday, January 3, 2014 8:34:07 PM UTC-5, wrote:

hoe hoe hoe there Goering...

read p498 Above the C.P.

http://books.google.com/books?id=LB6...mcphee&f=false

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

McPhee wrote a book on Doctors in Maine...writing abt north woods health issues in the process.

studs today:

https://plus.google.com/+NASAEarthOb...ts/6qrB6tBA7AN

gloves ?

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news...t_could_b.html
Old January 4th 14, 09:01 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

http://www.udctours.com/trips----int...-kiss-of-death