"It's like this"

Old September 24th 04, 11:42 PM
Shawn

Snip universal tales of woe.

Man, from the sounds of you guys (I'll spare you my PT experience) you'd
think this was alt.retirement.walker
Guess its just due to the wear and tear that results from truely good
living.

Shawn
Old September 25th 04, 01:44 AM
Ground Control

"Jimbo (san)" wrote in
message ...

| P/T is hell... My physical therapist is Satan... Just kidding...
| Actually P/T is dead boring and my Phyisical therapist is very
| professional.
| The facility isn't very sports minded. It is more a hospital kind of
| thing...My physical therapist isn't really bike minded... but she has
| been steadily increasing the excersizes. I see a marked improvement in
| my pain...
| So I asked her what she thought of me trying to ride again... Which she
| replied that she thought it was very important to get back into it... I
| explained to her the different hand positions of the various bikes...
| She basically told me via my description to avoid the GRS as it was too
| much shoulder slumping and keeping the same hand positions for longer
| periods of time. She thought the H/T would be a close second... but the
| way I explained the SS she thought it would be best as it caused me to
| keep moving and changing positions on the bike. Wider bars and hand
| position are less stress on my shoulder and neck...
| So as per my physical terrorist's instructions... I will probably be
| riding the SS and H/T on my way to recovery... I was considering a
| change from fully rigid to borrowing Carla's Marzocchi Atom 80... but I
| think I should be ok as we will probably be keeping to the easier
| trails...
| We also figured on breaking out the weights this winter and since I am
| way overweight now maybe some other form of cross training... trail
| running/ hiking... Must return to shape.
| Seems day dreaming about riding doesn't exactly burn very many
| calories... but thanks to reading CDB's new MRM (Mental Riding Method)
| I have staved off insanity long enough to recover... Thanks Doc!!!

I still can't do some serious stuff with my hardtail - park singletrack is
all my elbow can stand right now but I'm getting better all the time. Hang
in there man.

---
__o
_`\(,_ Cycling is life,
(_)/ (_) all the rest, just details.
The Nelson Paradigm =^o.o^=
http://intergalax.com
http://intbike.com

Old September 25th 04, 01:49 AM
Zilla

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
Jimbo(san) wrote:

serious clipage

We also figured on breaking out the weights this winter and since I
am way overweight now maybe some other form of cross training...
trail running/ hiking... Must return to shape.

BEER = WEIGHT

I know it sucks, but give up the beer. I haven't touched alchohol in
over a year and I feel great. I used to drink at least 12 pack of
Guiness pints a week and I'm certain it never helped my weightloss.
The others I ride with drink copious amounts of brew and as I size
down, they are sizing up.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

It's all in moderation...

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC

Old September 25th 04, 02:20 AM
Bill Wheeler

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 23:01:53 +1000, Jimbo(san)
wrote:

[...]

--- Jim

Didn't know you were hurt. Heal fast...and listen to your Doc, SS is
the way to healing mind and body.

Peace,
Bill
Old September 26th 04, 08:23 PM
Slacker

On Fri, 24 Sep 2004 09:40:07 -0700, bri719 =

wrote:

Craig Brossman wrote:

Sucks Jim. I'm not supposed to put any weight on my ankle for another=

3 =

weeks, so I am relagated to swimming. Haven't actually started yet, b=

ut =

it is the only way for me to stay in some condition so I don't totall=

y =

suck when I finally get back on. Probably not the best exercise if yo=

u =

are suffering from a shoulder injury.
Hang in there!

swimming is great cross-training....

bri

Yes it is! With an added bonus; you can drink all the beer you want and =
=

never have to get out in order to relieve yourself.

Just trying to get it OT for Jimbo.

-- =

Slacker - just back from Coorsland
Old September 26th 04, 08:36 PM
Shawn

wrote:

Craig Brossman wrote:

Sucks Jim. I'm not supposed to put any weight on my ankle for another
3 weeks, so I am relagated to swimming. Haven't actually started
yet, but it is the only way for me to stay in some condition so I
don't totally suck when I finally get back on. Probably not the best
exercise if you are suffering from a shoulder injury.
Hang in there!

swimming is great cross-training....

bri

Yes it is! With an added bonus; you can drink all the beer you want and
never have to get out in order to relieve yourself.

Just trying to get it OT for Jimbo.

Just wear yellow trunks and tell 'em the dye's bleeding.
or
"I swim so fast the friction heats the water."
HTH

Shawn
Old September 27th 04, 05:56 PM
supabonbon

"Carla A-G" wrote in message ...
"supabonbon" wrote in message
om...
Sheesh! How long is PT supposed to last? Learning anything interesting?

He's the guinea pig at this P/T place. I am next in line to go there for my
injury, just waiting to see if it works for Jim first.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

I remembered you having shoulder problems too. I didn't want to ask.
So, what will it be, unicycle or recumbent?

/s
Old September 27th 04, 06:11 PM
Carla A-G

"supabonbon" wrote in message
om...
I remembered you having shoulder problems too. I didn't want to ask.
So, what will it be, unicycle or recumbent?

Nothing, at the moment. Walking the dog is about all I've been able to
handle. Its taken me over 2 months to get over an intestinal problem that
I've had. Going to start going to the swimming pool and start with some
light workouts as soon as I can get into P/T.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Old September 27th 04, 06:30 PM
Slacker

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 13:11:00 -0400, Carla A-G =

wrote:

"supabonbon" wrote in message
om...
I remembered you having shoulder problems too. I didn't want to ask.
So, what will it be, unicycle or recumbent?

Nothing, at the moment. Walking the dog is about all I've been able to=

handle. Its taken me over 2 months to get over an intestinal problem t=

hat
I've had. Going to start going to the swimming pool and start with som=

light workouts as soon as I can get into P/T.

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Hopefully this wasn't caused by Jimbo's *home brew* :-P

Seriously, hope both you guys heal quickly.

And you just reminded me that I have to call my PT for an appointment =

(pinched nerve in my neck).

-- =

Slacker
Old September 27th 04, 11:43 PM
Corvus Corvax

supabonbon wrote:

I remembered you having shoulder problems too. I didn't want to ask.
So, what will it be, unicycle or recumbent?

My guess would be recumbent. My wife has Jim's unicycle ;-).

CC