I delivered the wrong baby

Old June 22nd 05, 05:21 AM
roadkill

Default I delivered the wrong baby

The big, bad, brown truck rolled-up to my house today with a rather
large box. Packages often arrive here (for work), but I knew that this
was no ordinary box...this was my new Yuni.

I wrangled the cardboard container through the door and allowed it to
settle-in, while I put on some coffee.
After a few sips of Seattle's best, the birthing process commenced.

First to see the light-of-day was the wheelset : A black and silver rim,
surrounded by the notorious Big Apple - this baby was just waiting to
gulp breath from a bicycle pump.
I noticed, while engorging the tire with air, that the cranks were not
the 150 mm black Euro's ordered, but some badly chromed ones...oh well.

Minutes later all the components : frame, silver Wellgo pedals and black
KH seat were in place.

I stood back to admire the 29" creation I had just fathered.

But, something was wrong...
The frame had only 2mm clearance on one side of the big apple.

That's when it hit me - the frame was not a Yuni but a Sem !
Being so wrapped-up in the process, I simply hadn't noticed the
obvious.

It's hard enough bringing a new creation into this world, but then to
find out it's not your kid...man that sucks.

So, guess who will be giving UDC a call tomorrow.

But for the night ride (on another uni) my mantra may be
patience...patience...patience.

--
roadkill - Crash Test Dummy

"Anger is like an acid that eventually eats away it's own container"
roadkill's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9784

Old June 22nd 05, 05:26 AM
One on one

Sounds like someone forgot to put the hospital bracelets on your baby in
the delivery room.

--
One on one - Proud member of the UALW and GUA

"However, like the jet pilot, if the Coker rider tries to turn too fast,
he/she could black out."
-Memphis Mud

One on one's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5740

Old June 22nd 05, 05:37 AM
jagur

roadkill wrote:
*
So, guess who will be giving UDC a call tomorrow.
*

make sure they pay shipping both ways.

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

smoke me a kipper, i'll be back for breakfast.
-forget_your_life-
--------------------------------------
-------*muni militia *-------
*one wheeled death squad*

Old June 22nd 05, 06:17 AM
roadkill

UDC has been great in the past , but they obviously got some wires
crossed on this one.

I'll post after the dust settles...

Old June 22nd 05, 06:35 AM
James_Potter

roadkill wrote:
*UDC has been great in the past , but they obviously got some wires
crossed on this one.*

have they? I've always had experiences like the one you described.
nowadays, I generally plan on needing to call right after I got whatever
I ordered, and needing to wait another week to get the right thing.

--
James_Potter - betcha can't stick it!

Old June 22nd 05, 06:49 AM
roadkill

James_Potter Wrote:
-have they? I've always had experiences like the one you described.
nowadays, I generally plan on needing to call right after I got whatever
I ordered, and needing to wait another week to get the right thing.-

Thanks James for the post.

I certainly hope that it wasn't a: -"...oh well, we don't have a 29"
Yuni frame handy, so let's just send him a Sem."-

Say it isn't so...

My world will then come crashing down.

Old June 22nd 05, 06:51 AM
Unitik908

roadkill wrote:

I certainly hope that it wasn't a: -"...oh well, we don't have a 29"
Yuni frame handy, so let's just send him a Sem."- [/b]

They couldnt do that could they..?

Chase

--
Unitik908 - The Lone Clothespin....

All hail the exhaulted Sigpoose, for he is forever king...
R.I.P Unibiker
R.I.P Gazzaloddi
R.I.P Paul Hester
R.I.P Mitch Hedberg
R.I.P Pope John Paul II
R.I.P James_Potters_Cat
YAMS

Old June 22nd 05, 02:29 PM
roadkill

Well..Just got off the phone with UDC.
They said that the new Yuni frame looks exactly like a Semcycle frame.

Anyway, at that rate I don't want this thing not with only 2mm side
clearance for the big apple. I wish they would have told me before I
ordered it.
Rebecca, to her credit, is helpful, and was going to speak with Ann and
see what they could do...

Old June 22nd 05, 02:57 PM
mucRider

roadkill wrote:
*
... I noticed, while engorging the tire with air, that the cranks were
not the 150 mm black Euro's ordered, but some badly chromed ones...oh
well.
*

My Yuni 29er came with some silver aluminum 127mm cranks, not the black
125's listed on the web site. (At least I hope it is a Yuni. I will
double-check wheel clearance when I get home.)

--
mucRider - From the Over 50 Group

It is wise to invest in your happiness. - Harper
mucRider's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6119

Old June 22nd 05, 08:23 PM
jagur

roadkill wrote:
*Well..Just got off the phone with UDC.
They said that the new Yuni frame looks exactly like a Semcycle frame.

*

it probobly doesnt look the same to somone who wouldnt know the
differance anyway...

kinda like right crank arms look just like left crank arms.