Why can't i just buy a normal unicycle wheel!!

Old June 22nd 05, 05:33 PM
CallumUK

Default Why can't i just buy a normal unicycle wheel!!

Does any one know where the hell i can get just a normal wheel that is
cheap. becuase every where i look they are £60 + , and i don't need some
fancy indestructible wheel i just want one for a project i am building,
and i read u can't use bike wheels cos their bearings are on the inside
and need to be on the outside for the pedals to connect straight to the
axle.

Can anyone help?

CallumUK

--
CallumUK
CallumUK's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10219

Old June 22nd 05, 06:21 PM
podzol

Not certain what your project is, but why not but a cheapo Uni off Ebay
and use the wheel. They are less that 20. Available in the UK? Not
sure.Worth a check, tho.

Blake

--
podzol - AKA Dr. BoBo
podzol's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10131

Old June 22nd 05, 06:23 PM
forrestunifreak

What kind of wheel are you looking for? For cheap, you could just get a
torker CX wheelset, or sun or united or somthing like that.

The whole wheelset, or just the rim, or the axle or what? Look at
unicycle.com.

--
forrestunifreak - Its time to change this thing now.

'torkerusa.com' (http://torkerusa.com)

'World clock' (http://www.kondo3d.com/stereo/java/stereoclock-e.html)

Old June 22nd 05, 06:43 PM
juggle508

Is this what your looking for?

http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=757

or this?

http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=760

or this?

http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=604

or?

http://www.unicycle.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=456

Just wondering. I know its unicycle.com and not the uk version but they
could probably get them for ya.

--
juggle508 - Extreme UNIcyclist

If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.
juggle508's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6701

Old June 22nd 05, 07:33 PM
CallumUK

why is exactly the same item loads more expencive on the UK site?

http://tinyurl.com/8dxkb

callumUK

Old June 22nd 05, 07:57 PM
Jim

Stuff generally seems to be cheaper in the US, I remember being shocked
by how much you pay for CDs and movies in britain (I won't mention the
cost of gasoline in your country)

jim

--
Jim
Jim's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9416

Old June 22nd 05, 08:04 PM
CallumUK

Yer its £15.00 for an album ($27.00) that sucks maybe its cos they have
to import it or there is less demand here

Old June 22nd 05, 08:28 PM
Loosemoose

No, its cos they can rip us off for every penny we have, by charging
over the odds for stuff that should cost little or nothing. I remember
seeing a few weeks ago a big uproar in the states about the possibility
of new console (Xbox 360, PS3 etc) games costing as much as $60!
!!111!!1. They've cost £45 ($75-$80) here for as long as I
can remember, even back to the N64 days.

Damn VAT. Loose.

--
Loosemoose - HA! Sod You Gilby, I HAVE DAMMIT!

Dave: "I had a particularly bad UPD & found I'd lost a shoe"
Loosemoose's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6326

Old June 23rd 05, 11:10 AM
mikepenton

CallumUK wrote:
*why is exactly the same item loads more expencive on the UK site?

http://tinyurl.com/8dxkb

callumUK *

It's shipping, import tax and VAT of course. (I believe teleporting
shipments may be able to reduce these costs)
as for fuel, CDs & non-imported items, etc - see Loosemoose above.

--
mikepenton - sometimes level
mikepenton's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7090