My Rowing Muni

Old June 23rd 05, 09:17 PM
pdc

Default My Rowing Muni

Here is what Joe Rowing wrote me about that specifc frame:

"It was specially made to order and if I remember correctly it has
slightly more height clearance than the other early ones. I believe it
will fit a gazalodi although I prefer a halo or kujo as they have a more
agile, rounder profile.
Everything on it was produced by myself. the machineing, tube bending,
brazing etc.
The material is T45 and 4130 cromo tube and I use special high strength
brazing filler.
The seat tube was made for a 22.2 cro-mo BMX post to be used with any of
the rail-adaptors or my own carbon bonded rail seats.
That said the standard 22.0 will *probably* just about fit.
The bearing holders are precision machined to take the 40mm bearings of
the profile hub. the standard square-taper hubs will also fit.
- the frame pre-dates the KH hubs and the more recent KH MKII hubs
(which I helped design)
The finish is powder-coating, the inside is all waxoiled to rust-proof.

If you're curious about the design - it was built to my own design as
the best MUni that money could produce.
the twin-tubes are to reduce width of the frame whilst still providing
plenty of clearance. It had to be steel to allow a little bit of zing
when flicking it through singletrack.
The twin stay at the back supports the rear stay in a much stiffer and
lighter way than the Hunter. "

--
pdc - Wacky Fringe Sportster
pdc's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8160

Old June 23rd 05, 09:40 PM
ColDawG

very nice!

--
ColDawG - Your friendly, neighborhood MuniMan

"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?"
-G. Dubya
ColDawG's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9503

Old June 23rd 05, 10:22 PM
Frank A.

Another satisfied customer

Enjoy it Phil.

- Frank

--
Frank A. - downsizing

"Man's maturity: to have regained the seriousness that he had as a child
at play." - FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE, Beyond Good and Evil

Frank A.'s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1710

Old June 24th 05, 03:59 AM
Schmidty563

that is such a sick looking uni. U got a great deal for whatever u paid
or did to get that. I would want a fatter tire tho on mine if i had one.
but still thats an awesome lookin uni

--
Schmidty563 - fearless unicyclist

dude, unicycling is awesome
Schmidty563's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9867

Old June 24th 05, 05:41 AM
loosejello

That is a 3" tire. Only one is fatter than that.

--
loosejello - Amanda gives me sunburn
loosejello's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8295

Old June 24th 05, 07:50 AM
JoeRowing

Schmidty563 wrote:
*that is such a sick looking uni. U got a great deal for whatever u
paid or did to get that. I would want a fatter tire tho on mine if i
had one. but still thats an awesome lookin uni *

Umm there's clearance for 3inch tyres like the gaz/kuo/duro tyres (which
it has in there).

I'm very happy you're pleased with it. It looks good!

--
JoeRowing - MUni Animal

Joe
gravitykarma.co.uk
JoeRowing's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1544

Old June 24th 05, 08:08 AM
JoeRowing

UNIquelyCanadian wrote:
*I don't know the history of the frame but it's called "Rowing" A name
along side "Hunter, KH" etc. *

Just to be pedantic it's a 24 inch "Blizzard" frame. Other designs/wheel
sizes etc are available.

"Rowing" is the surname of the builder although Officially it was sold
under the "One wheel Only" brand.

Old June 24th 05, 08:51 AM
jagur

loosejello wrote:
*That is a 3" tire. Only one is fatter than that. *

not true, i had a Wide Bite in my Rowing frame and it was closer to the
stays...a Gazz will fit but rub the sides under hard cranking.

--
jagur - Random Unicyclist

smoke me a kipper, i'll be back for breakfast.
-forget_your_life-
-------*muni militia *-------
*one wheeled death squad*

Old June 24th 05, 12:46 PM
pdc

I've only zipped around the yard and street on it a little bit. This
weekend I'll take it to the mountain top....and back down again.