Mountain Biker Scofflaws

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old June 10th 16, 05:51 AM posted to rec.bicycles.soc
EdwardDolan

Default Mountain Biker Scofflaws

Just one of many reports I could be posting to this newsgroup on the behavior of mountain bikers, a criminal class of trash humans if ever there was one.

“Yesterday I met a mountain biker pushing his bike up a hiking trail closed to bikes. I said "Bikes aren't allowed here". He said "I'm just pushing my bike up the hill". I said "It doesn't matter whether you are pushing it or eating it; bikes aren't allowed on this trail". Of course, the trail is marked with one of those internationally recognizable signs with a bike covered by a red circle and a "bar sinister" so that anyone in the world can understand it - except a mountain biker. I reported him to the park police, emphasizing the fact that I told him he was breaking the law, and he continued doing it anyway. This is typical mountain biker behavior. How is "education" going to stop this? It isn't. The only thing they understand is force. And having their bike confiscated....”

Mountain bikes have wheels. Wheels are for roads.

Trails are for walking. What’s the matter? Can’t walk?

Ed Dolan the Great – Minnesota