Joerg Antidote

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 8th 18, 12:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Joerg Antidote

On 1/7/2018 5:22 PM, Frank Krygowski wrote:
On 1/6/2018 8:21 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Saturday, January 6, 2018 at 12:42:34 PM UTC-8, Radey Shouman wrote:
Sorry, Joerg, I needed a subject and "Ride Report" seemed too grandiose.

First ride of the new year: -5F and breezy, but at least the sun was
shining.Â* Went to town, about four miles, for yoga practice, after
breaking out the ski bibs and the balaclava.Â* I did wear my Adidas
sneakers, on Lou's recommendation, they worked ok but I'm almost
resolved to acquire a bicycle that can be comfortably ridden in big
rubber boots.

It was nice day here in PDX. I was in cleats and did a short-ish ride.
I then drove my son around in the car on routes that we ordinarily
ride together. He was visiting from Salt Lake and had a big accident
when we were skiing on Mt. Hood on Christmas eve. Anyway, he ended up
with a lot of hardware in both ankles (pilon fractures) and is now in
a wheelchair for 12 weeks and living at our house.

This is a long wind-up for my platform pedal story.Â* I used one when

I was riding in an ortho boot following my ski fractures about ten years
ago.

Yow. Skiing sounds pretty dangerous!

Then we drove around the West Hills.Â* I scraped the undercarriage
coming up Brynwood -- which I rode last weekend.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0lUZG8pku8 Go to 3:30 to get a sense
of the grade. It's a killer.

Any idea of the percent gradient?

Hmm. Google Earth seems to give about 19% for the northward portion, and
25% for the portion that runs E-N-E.

I think I'll skip it. 18% nearly killed me earlier this year.

--
- Frank Krygowski

Question for Joerg [email protected] Techniques 106 February 7th 17 02:42 PM
New bike for Joerg Doug Landau Techniques 2 January 6th 17 01:20 AM
for Joerg, new bar tape David Scheidt Techniques 3 December 11th 16 06:26 PM
The antidote DavidR[_3_] UK 199 October 16th 07 09:24 PM
The antidote for the Lance Effect DA74 Racing 1 August 1st 06 10:24 AM