Which indoor trainer

Old August 10th 04, 05:37 PM
Marcus I. Valdes

Default Which indoor trainer

I know it's a little early in the year to be talking about this, but
which indoor trainer do you guys use/like? I've seen the Giant Tempo
at the LBS, and it looks pretty nice. I have looked at the
computrainer, and all the other fun gadgets too.

What do you guys like?

Marcus

Old August 10th 04, 07:14 PM
Marcus Coles

Marcus I. Valdes wrote:
I know it's a little early in the year to be talking about this, but
which indoor trainer do you guys use/like? I've seen the Giant Tempo
at the LBS, and it looks pretty nice. I have looked at the
computrainer, and all the other fun gadgets too.

What do you guys like?

Marcus

IMHO if you hate tires, have balance problems or suffer from narcolepsy
a trainer is the way to go.

If you like to train on a variety of bikes, can keep your balance and
stay awake for a while, get a decent set of metal rollers with a
resistance unit.

Marcus "To avoid confusion" Coles

Old August 11th 04, 06:13 AM
A Muzi

Marcus I. Valdes wrote:
If you like to train on a variety of bikes, can keep your balance and
stay awake for a while, get a decent set of metal rollers with a
resistance unit.

Fx199 wrote:
That leaves only Kreitler, right?

Minoura does metal as well. But IMHO that's an unreasonable
constraint. There are also excellent nylon rollers and
those don't dent from abuse.

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org

Old August 11th 04, 02:10 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

marcus- I know it's a little early in the year to be talking about this, but
which indoor trainer do you guys use/like? BRBR

Rollers!!

makes the time go fatser, not hard to use, makes you pedal in 'circles' and
ride straight.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com
Old August 12th 04, 01:13 AM
Fx199

The Sportcrafters and the current CycleOps alloy units produced by them
seem pretty well put together and are a little more affordable. IIRC
the old CycleOps units were crap.

The Kreitler Rollers remain the yardstick against which all are
measured.

Making a set of rollers shouldn't be rocket science, round, stable
rollers, decent bearings and a suitably rigid frame.
As many have found out, scrimp on any one and you are doomed.

Marcus Coles

How are the kreitlers listed in the Colorado Cyclist? pricey with the
resistance unit, but I don't care if they're worth it.
Performance bike has some dumbed down plastic looking rollers with a v in the
center now,.....