Conservatory Pr0n.

Old December 1st 06, 07:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter

Default Conservatory Pr0n.

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
I knew I shouldn't have dabbed in time trials - the expense! ;-) This thing
just arrived from the USA this morning.

Oooh...(groans and trembles slightly)
I don't even ride time trials and I want one.

You really should tidy up that hosepipe though.
Peter

Old December 1st 06, 07:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Roos Eisma

Paul Boyd writes:

On 01/12/2006 17:53, Simon Mason said,

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/page513.htm

Oi! There's no bell on that shopper :-)

And why is it plugged in...?

Roos
Old December 1st 06, 07:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

In article
Simon Mason wrote:
I knew I shouldn't have dabbed in time trials - the expense! ;-) This thing
just arrived from the USA this morning. Just to show how my earlier distrust
of HM Customs and Excise was justified, I imported an Italian road bike
earlier this year from the USA which I'd bought on e-bay for 700 quid. I was
stung for 230 UKP in duty and tax.

I shuddered at what this would cost me in tax. It's an 06 brand new model
which was 5300 USD list price, which I got for 1700 quid on e-bay.

I'd have thought for that sort of money you'd get a few more spokes.
The frame's not even made of real metal ...
Old December 1st 06, 07:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
I'd have thought for that sort of money you'd get a few more spokes.
The frame's not even made of real metal ...

I know - my wife said it was like a kid's plastic toy bike from Toys R Us!

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

Old December 1st 06, 07:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

In article
Simon Mason wrote:

"Rob Morley" wrote in message
I'd have thought for that sort of money you'd get a few more spokes.
The frame's not even made of real metal ...

I know - my wife said it was like a kid's plastic toy bike from Toys R Us!

We don't grow up, we just buy bigger more expensive toys ...
Old December 1st 06, 07:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Brooke

in message , Simon Mason
') wrote:

I knew I shouldn't have dabbed in time trials - the expense! ;-) This
thing just arrived from the USA this morning. Just to show how my earlier
distrust of HM Customs and Excise was justified, I imported an Italian
road bike earlier this year from the USA which I'd bought on e-bay for
700 quid. I was stung for 230 UKP in duty and tax.

I shuddered at what this would cost me in tax. It's an 06 brand new model
which was 5300 USD list price, which I got for 1700 quid on e-bay.
Customs didn't even bother to look beneath all the wrapping and slapped a
"mere" 210 pounds on it which was less than I paid on the 700 quid bike!
Just shows how they simply pluck these figures out of thin air. Still,
can't complain - just need to step up the training for next season so I
don't look even more of a berk than usual.

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/page513.htm

Oh, very nice - apart from that cheap nasty Japanese groupset!

;; single speed mountain bikes: for people who cycle on flat mountains.
Old December 1st 06, 08:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven

Simon Mason wrote on 01/12/2006 17:53 +0100:
Customs
didn't even bother to look beneath all the wrapping and slapped a "mere" 210
pounds on it which was less than I paid on the 700 quid bike! Just shows how
they simply pluck these figures out of thin air.

Be grateful - they charged you less on both bikes than they should have.

--
Tony

"...has many omissions and contains much that is apocryphal, or at least
wildly inaccurate..."
Douglas Adams; The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
Old December 1st 06, 08:29 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven

Rob Morley wrote on 01/12/2006 19:27 +0100:

I'd have thought for that sort of money you'd get a few more spokes.
The frame's not even made of real metal ...

Worse than that the rear wheel is too big and has worn away part of the
seat tube.

Old December 1st 06, 08:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx

Simon Mason came up with the following;:

look even more of a berk than usual.

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/page513.htm

That can only make anyone look like a real hero, 'specially if you get some
'Team' colours ...

Actually I'm dead envious, that looks gorgeous.

--
Paul ...
(8(|) Homer Rules ..... Doh !!!

Old December 1st 06, 09:34 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Josey

How much does it weigh?

No, don't tell me.

Jc

Kitchen Pr0n Tim Hall UK 2 November 26th 06 09:25 PM
Even more bike pr0n Alex UK 5 October 31st 06 08:15 PM
More kitchen pr0n Dave Larrington UK 21 August 31st 06 11:34 AM
Bike Pr0n for SJ till! Australia 11 October 3rd 05 11:51 PM