Flat Bar brake levers for Cantilevers

Old September 30th 07, 03:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nigel Cliffe

Default Flat Bar brake levers for Cantilevers

I could do with recommendations/suggestions for brake levers for Cantilever
brakes.

Most levers I see today are labelled for "V brakes", which take different
cable pull to cantilevers. I need to replace a combined brake/shifter on a
bike which uses cantilever brakes.

I the "good old days", levers came with a two-position coupling for the
cable, one for V, the other for cantilever. Do any of the common makers
still do those ? Ideally with some reach adjustment as its for a rider
with small hands.

I'm not totally stuck, I could remove the "good old days" levers from my
MTB, fit it with V-specific levers. But would rather not.

- Nigel

--
Nigel Cliffe,
Webmaster at http://www.2mm.org.uk/

Old September 30th 07, 03:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
7@m3 G33k

Nigel Cliffe wrote:
I could do with recommendations/suggestions for brake levers for Cantilever
brakes.

Most levers I see today are labelled for "V brakes", which take different
cable pull to cantilevers. I need to replace a combined brake/shifter on a
bike which uses cantilever brakes.

I the "good old days", levers came with a two-position coupling for the
cable, one for V, the other for cantilever. Do any of the common makers
still do those ? Ideally with some reach adjustment as its for a rider
with small hands.

I'm not totally stuck, I could remove the "good old days" levers from my
MTB, fit it with V-specific levers. But would rather not.

- Nigel

I have some old DiaCompe Power Control 7 canti-specific levers I no
longer use: reach-adjustable and in good working order. Nice levers but
I've had my money's worth out of them and won't use them again so free
to a good home.

Ian
Old October 1st 07, 10:38 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nigel Cliffe

7@m3 G33k wrote:
Nigel Cliffe wrote:
I could do with recommendations/suggestions for brake levers for
Cantilever brakes.

I have some old DiaCompe Power Control 7 canti-specific levers I no
longer use: reach-adjustable and in good working order. Nice levers
but I've had my money's worth out of them and won't use them again so
free to a good home.

Sounds like they would do me nicely. Please send email to ncliffe at
btinternet dot com and we can sort out the details of addresses, postage,
etc.

regards,

- Nigel