Kitchen Pr0n.

Old September 28th 07, 02:10 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Duncan Smith

Default Kitchen Pr0n.

do tell..

Wind on the side of those wheels wont half make him wobble Unless
they're track only....

Afirm, better the disc on the rear than the front then I guess :-)

Old September 28th 07, 11:33 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
POHB

On 27 Sep, 17:31, "Simon Mason" wrote:
Don't let the missus know how much these babies were!

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/zipp999.jpg

--
Simon Masonhttp://www.simonmason.karoo.net

I thought they had the mark of the beast upon them, then I realised
the label was upside down.

Took a pic of my project in the kitchen last night too

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1081/...dcbd82fb_o.jpg

Finally got all the bits together, let the fettling commence...

Old September 28th 07, 05:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
LSMike

On Sep 27, 5:31 pm, "Simon Mason"
wrote:
Don't let the missus know how much these babies were!

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/zipp999.jpg

--
Simon Masonhttp://www.simonmason.karoo.net

Wow, beautiful!!!

I took the much cheaper option of wheel covers:
http://www.londonskaters.com/cycling...s/P9240425.JPG

Cheers,
Mike.

Old September 28th 07, 06:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
vernon

"marc" wrote in message
peter-potato wrote:
"Don Whybrow" wrote in message
Simon Mason wrote:
Don't let the missus know how much these babies were!

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/zipp999.jpg
Guinness Marmite!?

I wouldn't mind trying Guiness Marmite..
It's a shame that you can't see the label very well. Perhaps you could
repost.

Tell you what's rubbish though, is that Marmite squeezy stuff.

Is it me or has the jar Marmite got thinner?

Nope. It's still as fat as the jar....

Old September 28th 07, 08:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Brooke

in message om, LSMike
') wrote:

On Sep 27, 5:31 pm, "Simon Mason"
wrote:
Don't let the missus know how much these babies were!

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/zipp999.jpg

--
Simon Masonhttp://www.simonmason.karoo.net

Wow, beautiful!!!

I took the much cheaper option of wheel covers:
http://www.londonskaters.com/cycling...s/P9240425.JPG

Not UCI spit/ legal, though.

;; lovely alternative to rice.

Old September 28th 07, 08:06 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Esra Sdrawkcab

LSMike wrote:
On Sep 27, 5:31 pm, "Simon Mason"
wrote:
Don't let the missus know how much these babies were!

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/zipp999.jpg

--
Simon Masonhttp://www.simonmason.karoo.net

Wow, beautiful!!!

I took the much cheaper option of wheel covers:
http://www.londonskaters.com/cycling...s/P9240425.JPG

Whilst looking very designer and "cool", why cover/fill the wheel area?
it'll cost you in a side wind.
Old September 28th 07, 08:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Brooke

in message , Coyoteboy
') wrote:

Duncan Smith wrote:
Two words - wind loading

do tell..

Wind on the side of those wheels wont half make him wobble Unless
they're track only....

They're time trial wheels, and wind loading is the reason the front isn't a
solid disk. They're not track wheels - the back has a freehub body for
fitting a cassette.

He probably won't use these wheels on windy days anyway (although
interestingly the theoretical benefit of disk wheels goes up on Windy
says). Certainly a deep section wheel can take control of the steering in
side-winds, and as time trial bikes are often a bit sketchy anyway in the
steering department this isn't altogether a good thing...

I'm mildly jealous. If they had Mavic or Campag logos on I'd be much more
jealous...

;; IE 3 is dead, but Netscape 4 still shambles about the earth,
;; wreaking a horrific vengeance upon the living
;; anonymous
Old September 28th 07, 08:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Clive George

"Esra Sdrawkcab" wrote in message

Whilst looking very designer and "cool", why cover/fill the wheel area?
it'll cost you in a side wind.

It's more than designer and "cool", it's more aerodynamic. In the absence of
a sidewind, it's faster.

cheers,
clive

Old September 28th 07, 08:25 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
peter-potato

"POHB" wrote in message
ups.com...
On 27 Sep, 17:31, "Simon Mason" wrote:
Don't let the missus know how much these babies were!

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/zipp999.jpg

--
Simon Masonhttp://www.simonmason.karoo.net

I thought they had the mark of the beast upon them, then I realised
the label was upside down.

Took a pic of my project in the kitchen last night too

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1081/...dcbd82fb_o.jpg

There's a mouse in the background.

Old September 28th 07, 09:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
wafflycat

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
Don't let the missus know how much these babies were!

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/zipp999.jpg

This missus knows how much they are as this missus had her husband cough up
the toonas for a pair of Zipp 404s and a Zipp disc for the offspring's time
trial bike some time ago..

Marmite on toast makes a good cheap meal.

New toy (kitchen pr0n at last) Tim Woodall UK 10 July 15th 07 08:05 AM
More Pr0n Don Whybrow UK 12 April 29th 07 09:24 PM
Yet more kitchen pr0n Simon Brooke UK 12 April 17th 07 10:16 PM
Kitchen Pr0n Tim Hall UK 2 November 26th 06 09:25 PM
More kitchen pr0n Dave Larrington UK 21 August 31st 06 11:34 AM