Camelback, anyone?

Old July 5th 05, 09:00 PM
Jet

Default Camelback, anyone?

Anyone notice the guy on Gerolsteiner with the Camelback tube hanging over
his right shoulder? Wonder where he's keeping the water bladder, heh-heh.
Can't be very cool if it's under the skin suit. Seems kinda fredly. ;-)

jj

Old July 6th 05, 07:51 AM
DepartFictif

Bobby J also has/had one on.. and I think a couple other guys too...
some of them are under contract

Old July 6th 05, 03:21 PM
Suz

"Jet" wrote in message

Anyone notice the guy on Gerolsteiner with the Camelback tube hanging over
his right shoulder? Wonder where he's keeping the water bladder, heh-heh.
Can't be very cool if it's under the skin suit. Seems kinda fredly. ;-)

jj

That's about the most aerodynamic way I know of to carry water. A water
bottle, on an aero frame anyway, creates a small amount of extra drag.
Perhaps more importantly, with a camel-back bladder you don't have to break
aero position reaching for a water bottle, thus helping you stay better
hydrated. The cb bladder usually just goes under the skinsuit, it can be
encased in a moisture wicking cloth bag of some sort. I usually use an old
knee-warmer.

However, I noticed the Disco boys have their bottles on their seat tubes. I
wonder if this is the latest thing in aero technology, or if it was just
easiest to reach there on those particular frames.

suz

Old July 6th 05, 03:37 PM
Bob Schwartz

Suz wrote:
However, I noticed the Disco boys have their bottles on their seat tubes. I
wonder if this is the latest thing in aero technology, or if it was just
easiest to reach there on those particular frames.

http://www.analyticcycling.com/RiderAeroStudy.html

Bob Schwartz

Old July 6th 05, 11:24 PM
Fake name goes here

In article . com,
"DepartFictif" wrote:

Bobby J also has/had one on.. and I think a couple other guys too...
some of them are under contract

I remember reading that the camelback people were surprised to see
Bobby wearing it...esp since it was an older version that wasn't being
produced anymore.