Camelback BLECH!

Old August 20th 05, 01:42 AM
no spam for me

Default Camelback BLECH!

Anyone got a good way to get that yechy taste out of these things? I got a
new one and the water tastes liek chemicals. Clorox? Gatorade? I just
want my water to taste like water!

Old August 20th 05, 01:52 AM
Slack

no spam for me wrote:
Anyone got a good way to get that yechy taste out of these things? I got a
new one and the water tastes liek chemicals. Clorox? Gatorade? I just
want my water to taste like water!

C-bak suggests bleach, but I can always taste it, even after throughly
rinsing.

I fill mine w/hot water and a lot of baking soda. Sit overnight (or a
couple), then rinse well. Air dry it and store in the freezer. Baking
soda is much more harmless to my tummy anyway.
--
Slack
Old August 20th 05, 01:52 AM
p e t e f a g e r l i n

Urine is what they use during the Tour.

Try it and let us know.

Old August 20th 05, 02:44 AM
D T W .../\\...

http://www.nashbar.com/profile.cfm?c...eid=&pagename=

--
DTW .../\.../\.../\...

I've spent most of my money on mountain biking and windsurfing.
The rest, I've just wasted.

Old August 20th 05, 03:08 AM
Zilla

Clean it with water and just a tad of bleach. Then rinse with
water and baking soda.

--
- Zilla
Cary, NC USA

Old August 20th 05, 05:25 AM
Raptor

no spam for me wrote:
Anyone got a good way to get that yechy taste out of these things? I got a
new one and the water tastes liek chemicals. Clorox? Gatorade? I just
want my water to taste like water!

Mine's over ten years old I guess. I've never treated it with anything,
and never put anything but water in it.

Tastes fine, for certain definitions of "fine."

Conservative dictionary:
Judicial Activist: n. A judge who tends to rule against your wishes.

Old August 21st 05, 05:44 PM
no spam for me

And the first prize for good anwsers goes to Zilla of Cary NC! We are in
the rinse cycle as we type...let you know later on...BTW, the instructions
for first use don't say anything about the bleach and baking soda...that's
actually in the cleaning directions! Nonetheless, thanks all.

OH yeah, Pete, you can go ahead and **** in your water bottle, I take a pass
on that one!

NSFM

Old August 23rd 05, 10:46 PM
Vee

A splash of pure lemon juice works great, too. Strong citrus not only
kills any plastic flavor, it also keeps the bag from getting musty.

-Vee

G.T. wrote:
"no spam for me" no_ wrote in message
Anyone got a good way to get that yechy taste out of these things? I got

new one and the water tastes liek chemicals. Clorox? Gatorade? I just
want my water to taste like water!

I just put a little lemon Perrier in mine before I fill it with water. It's
always lemony fresh that way.

HTH,
Greg

Old August 24th 05, 02:08 AM
Slack

Anyone got a good way to get that yechy taste out of these things? I got

I just put a little lemon Perrier in mine before I fill it with water. It's
always lemony fresh that way.

HTH,
Greg

A splash of pure lemon juice works great, too. Strong citrus not only
kills any plastic flavor, it also keeps the bag from getting musty.

-Vee

I like both of these, even if one of them came via Top Poster!

--
Slack

Camelback, anyone? Jet Racing 5 July 7th 05 05:38 AM
Got the camelback... now if I can just hold out till 1st Feb... Ezookiel Mountain Biking 0 January 23rd 05 05:06 AM
What do you carry in your camelback? Memphis Mud Unicycling 15 December 18th 03 03:36 AM
Know anything about expedition tourers ? SW UK 23 October 13th 03 12:06 PM
Race Face Hydropacks or Camelback Doesnotcompute UK 2 August 19th 03 08:43 AM