Camelback MULE: '04 vs. '05?

Old August 21st 05, 07:27 PM
Kovie

Default Camelback MULE: '04 vs. '05?

I just posted a rather long post about my recent experiences with several
hydration packs. At the end I asked what people who had experiences with
either version thought of the '04 vs. '05 Camelbak MULE. I recently bought
the '04 (got a great deal) but am thinking of returning it and getting the
'05 instead, which strikes me as being better in several ways:

-The bladder goes into a compartment in the back that zips up the side and
top, whereas the '04 model goes into a "pouch" that's has a velcro seal at
the top, which strikes me as harder to use

-It's slightly lighter than the '04 model (from the specs, 1 or 2 ounces)

-The sternum strap appears to have a better design than in the '04 model, in
terms of how it attaches to the shoulder straps, and in having a loop in the
elastic section

On the other hand, the '04 model is made of what appears to be a slightly
tougher, or at least thicker and heavier material (which I'm sure accounts
for a big part of the weight difference). Not sure if this translates into
better durability or not.

Any thoughts, comments, observations, etc.? Are the "improvements" worth
bothering to swap the '04 for the '05 and paying a few dollars more?

Kovie
zen

Old August 22nd 05, 02:32 AM
Eagle Jackson

I have an 05 Mule and my daughter, with whom I regularly ride, has an
04 Mule. We both prefer mine over hers, most especially because of the
separate bladder compartment. She's always trying to steal mine.

Old August 22nd 05, 06:13 AM
Kovie

Thanks, I'll take this into account when I make up my mind.

Oh, and I just have to add, bad father! ;-)

--
Kovie
zen

oups.com...