Bridge Statistics

Old September 10th 07, 12:33 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
_[_2_]

Default Bridge Statistics

From a recent scan of the local cache of the newsgroup:

Number of posts: 9782
Posts by the troll: 209
Replies to the troll: 141
Troll reply/post ratio: .67
Number of repliers: 58
Replies per replier: 2.43

Most eggregious troll-wrestlers (number of replies follow in parentheses)
Marc Brett ( 16 )
Tom Crispin ( 6 )
"Adam Lea" ( 6 )
Pete ( 5 )
"Clive George" ( 5 )
MJ Ray ( 5 )
Jon has moved ! ( 5 )
"DavidR" ( 4 )
Helen Deborah Vecht ( 4 )
"Just zis Guy, you know?" ( 4 )

Were the above to abandon troll-wrestling the reply/post ratio would fall
to .38

Were all of the repliers who did so only once to have practiced restraint
the number of repliers would fall to 30
Old September 10th 07, 12:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Clive George

"_" wrote in message
From a recent scan of the local cache of the newsgroup:

Once was ok. Twice was pushing it. Three times means it's about time to
point out you're being a ****.

If you actually posted anything new in there, it might be more interesting.

clive

Old September 10th 07, 12:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tony Raven[_2_]

"Clive George" wrote in
:

Once was ok. Twice was pushing it. Three times means it's about time
to point out you're being a ****.

If you actually posted anything new in there, it might be more
interesting.

I am no fan of jtaylor finding him trollish himself many times in the past,
but since these posted reminders my inbox has been remarkably free of
replies to the trolls. Haven't bothered to check though whether this is
the same data reposted or updated data.

--
Tony

" I would never die for my beliefs because I might be wrong."
Bertrand Russell
Old September 10th 07, 01:03 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Clive George

"Tony Raven" wrote in message
"Clive George" wrote in
:

Once was ok. Twice was pushing it. Three times means it's about time
to point out you're being a ****.

If you actually posted anything new in there, it might be more
interesting.

I am no fan of jtaylor finding him trollish himself many times in the
past,
but since these posted reminders my inbox has been remarkably free of
replies to the trolls.

I don't think it's much do do with those reminders.

Haven't bothered to check though whether this is
the same data reposted or updated data.

Reposted. So there's no incentive to not troll wrestle either.

cheers,
clive

Old September 10th 07, 01:18 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
_[_2_]

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 13:03:21 +0100, Clive George wrote:

Haven't bothered to check though whether this is
the same data reposted or updated data.

Reposted. So there's no incentive to not troll wrestle either.

Wrong.

Check the numbers. The troll's reply/post ratio is going up; that might not
be enough of an incentive for some - although you've been a good boy
recently...
Old September 10th 07, 01:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Clive George

"_" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 13:03:21 +0100, Clive George wrote:

Haven't bothered to check though whether this is
the same data reposted or updated data.

Reposted. So there's no incentive to not troll wrestle either.

Wrong.

Check the numbers. The troll's reply/post ratio is going up; that might
not
be enough of an incentive for some - although you've been a good boy
recently..

There's no incentive in your numbers for me to not troll-wrestle. Make it
work on non-overlapping data and it may be more interesting, but as it is
there's no mechanism to pick up changes in behaviour.

clive

Old September 10th 07, 01:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nick Kew

On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 12:40:56 +0100
"Clive George" wrote:

From a recent scan of the local cache of the newsgroup:

Agreed. Looking like another candidate for the petty **** filter.

--
not me guv
Old September 10th 07, 02:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
cupra

_ wrote:
From a recent scan of the local cache of the newsgroup:

snip

Chill out FFS!

Bridge Statistics _[_2_] UK 4 September 4th 07 11:01 PM
Where are those statistics? bob UK 15 August 30th 07 12:31 PM
Bridge Statistics _[_2_] UK 1 August 27th 07 03:26 PM
How to laugh with statistics Just zis Guy, you know? UK 12 December 2nd 05 09:44 PM
Helmet use statistics Alan Walker UK 62 March 6th 04 01:34 AM