Recumbent Trike?

Old November 6th 16, 10:05 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent

Default Recumbent Trike?

I saw some recumbent trikes that looked like what my wife is looking for. They were had dual rear wheels that were larger narrow wheels either side of the seat. (perhaps 650b) The front was a larger wheel in front with many gears. I didn't notice but I think that it was front wheel steering since the rear wheels were very close to the seat. I think that it had two-lever steering. It also had a fairly upright posture.

I looked all over the Internet and could find all sorts of recumbent tricycles but none of them were even close in design.

Does anyone recognize them from that description and can you point me to their website?

Don't tell me I'm going to have to design one from scratch.
Old November 8th 16, 04:29 AM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Opus[_2_]

On Sunday, November 6, 2016 at 3:05:03 PM UTC-6, wrote:
I saw some recumbent trikes that looked like what my wife is looking for. They were had dual rear wheels that were larger narrow wheels either side of the seat. (perhaps 650b) The front was a larger wheel in front with many gears. I didn't notice but I think that it was front wheel steering since the rear wheels were very close to the seat. I think that it had two-lever steering. It also had a fairly upright posture.

I looked all over the Internet and could find all sorts of recumbent tricycles but none of them were even close in design.

Does anyone recognize them from that description and can you point me to their website?

Don't tell me I'm going to have to design one from scratch.

That sounds almost like a handcycle for handicapped racing or something modified from one for someone with working legs. Try doing an image search for handcycles or Alex Zanardi (former race driver now a Paralympic athlete).

Free recumbent trike? Martin Bulmer UK 2 May 5th 05 10:27 PM
Recumbent trike Colin Blackburn UK 15 November 24th 04 12:35 AM
Recumbent trike Colin Blackburn UK 6 June 9th 04 02:46 PM
Help:DIY recumbent trike \(t'other\) Dave UK 8 April 20th 04 11:41 PM
which tandem recumbent trike should i buy Peter M Spirito Recumbent Biking 8 September 15th 03 09:30 PM