Road bike, but need mountain bike tires!!

Old August 21st 03, 10:45 PM
Paul Romano

Default Road bike, but need mountain bike tires!!

Thanks, I am going to give these a try.

"Qui si parla Campagnolo" wrote in message
Paul- Does anyone else have this experience, and, if so, what tires

would you
recommend for Mavic CXP21 rims that would fit on my Bianchi? BRBR

Conti Gatorskins in 25c...

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com

Old September 1st 03, 10:55 PM
Erik Lindeberg

Tufo Elite Diamond LPS. 28 mm. Expensive, but very puncture resistant.
It exists both for clincher and tubular.
I have even used them for of road completion (on a hybrid with no
suspension)

Erik

"Paul Romano" wrote in message
.. .
I have a 1999 Bianchi Veloce, which I love. I only ride on the road
(recreational, no racing) using Michelin Super Comp 700x23c. ]

I've had two flats recently (from extremely small pieces of glass). Also,
I've had to dismount and walk my bike through unexpected road construction
zones, which seem to be everywhere.

Where I live, there is so much road construction, residential

construction,
commercial construction, gravel paving and road debris (broken glass,
stones, dirt, and gravel), that I think I should give up my "racing" tires
and go to bigger tires with heavier tread to negotiate all these

obstacles.

Does anyone else have this experience, and, if so, what tires would you
recommend for Mavic CXP21 rims that would fit on my Bianchi?

Thanks,
Paul Romano