campy 10 chain replacement

Old September 1st 03, 02:23 AM
Jeff & Jane Martin

Default campy 10 chain replacement

I stayed with the Campy chain but am using the Wipperman Connex link or the
Superlink III made for 10sp chains. I don't use a Perma Link or the new
replacement pin method. I've had no problem with either the Wipperman
Connex or Superlink III.
"David Lack" wrote in message
I'm getting ready to make my 1st campy 10 chain replacement. Are y'all
sticking with the campy chain or using something else? Thanks, Dave

Old September 1st 03, 02:17 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Andy- Wippermann and KMC-10 BRBR

No doubt good chains, but I think the Campagnolo one, when installed correctly
works fine.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO, 80302
(303)440-3535
http://www.vecchios.com
Old September 1st 03, 03:20 PM
Kenny Lee

David Lack wrote:
I'm getting ready to make my 1st campy 10 chain replacement. Are y'all
sticking with the campy chain or using something else? Thanks, Dave

I quit using campy 10sp chains when I broke one twice in the same week.
The side plate just blew out each time when climbing out of the saddle.
Now I use the KMC series 9200, 9spd chain. I connect the chain using the
SRAM 9spd powerlink. THIS SETUP WORKS FLAWLESSLY with my Record 10sp
drive train. If you pay more than ten bucks for a chain that lasts and
works without a hitch on your 10sp drive train then I feel sorry for you.

Kenny Lee

Old September 3rd 03, 02:12 PM
Qui si parla Campagnolo

Pat- On one of our club rides, a guy's Campy 10 speed chain broke and nobody
could help him out. Someone had to go get a pickup truck to carry him in.
What would you have recommended---or perhaps what should he carry in the
future? BRBR

We have installed more than a few Campagnolo chains and have not had a problem,
post permalink. I think installation problems are an issue here. BUT I would
rec. carrying a Connex or IRD snap link for anybody that worries about breaking
a chain.

Peter Chisholm
Vecchio's Bicicletteria
1833 Pearl St.