Trike Questions

Old February 15th 09, 06:02 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

Default Trike Questions

"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Bernhard Agthe wrote:
Hi,

Edward Dolan wrote:
... I can tell you there is nothing safe about riding a bicycle in
Seattle unless you are on the bike trails. I suspect that is also true
of Portland. I have never seen or read of any large metro that has
anywhere near adequate bike trails. Some few cities do have fairly
passable bike trails. Minneapolis for instance is not bad, but the
climate is inhuman and not suited for cycling most of the year.

Sorry to contradict you.

NEVER be sorry for contradicting Ed Dolan!

I have been much contradicted by many on these cycling newsgroups. That is
because everyone on these groups is an idiot and I am a genius. Tom Sherman
only occasionally rises above the designation of an idiot. He is
knowledgeable about recumbents, but amazingly ignorant on most other
subjects. Imagine ... this character prefers Wellington's Victory by
Beethoven to his late piano sonatas and his last quartets. I rest my case!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

Old February 15th 09, 06:12 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Peter Grange" wrote in message
On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 10:25:48 -0600, Tom Sherman
wrote:

Peter Grange wrote:
On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 09:55:40 -0600, Tom Sherman
wrote:

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
[...]
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
What are the numbers for?[...]
Google Maps is your friend:
http://www.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=42.435731,-83.985007&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=31.23349,56.601563&ie=UTF8&ll=42.43 7267,-83.985028&spn=0.014189,0.027637&t=h&z=15&iwloc=add r.

Is that a tree house?

I see google.com (as opposed to google.co.uk) recognises UK Post
Codes. SP8 4XQ is mine, but it does point to the house over the other
side of the road.

Look a couple of centimeters [1] below the marker.

[1] Will vary with monitor size and display settings.

Bit less crowded than here.

Does that really say "Hell" ?

Yes, it is Hell, Michigan. But Mr. Sherman resides in Wisconsin. I gave up
trying to follow his humor years ago. You would be wise to do the same. It
is well known that all engineers are weirdos. All those numbers they have to
master scrambles their brains.

Old February 15th 09, 06:37 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Jon Bendtsen

Edward Dolan wrote:
"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Peter Clinch wrote:
Bernhard Agthe wrote:
Hi,

Edward Dolan wrote:
[...]
Some of the earlier bike paths were not well engineered. But these days
most are well engineered.
Another joke? Do trust me, even brand-new-built bike paths are
frequently impossible to ride at decent speeds.
Again there is huge geographical variation. in the UK the folk making
them typically can't tell their arses from their elbows, in other places
I'd trust them to do a better job. And so on.

Some examples of "bicycle facilities" he
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pete.meg/wcc/facility-of-the-month/.

The Dutch have always been ****ed up all down through their entire history.
These people even have their own variation of the German language. I mean,
just how stupid can you get?

Well, you seem to go pretty fast towards the buttom.
Old February 15th 09, 07:04 PM posted to alt.rec.bicycles.recumbent
Edward Dolan

"Jon Bendtsen" wrote in message
Edward Dolan wrote:
"Tom Sherman" wrote in message
Peter Clinch wrote:
Bernhard Agthe wrote:
Hi,

Edward Dolan wrote:
[...]
Some of the earlier bike paths were not well engineered. But these
days
most are well engineered.
Another joke? Do trust me, even brand-new-built bike paths are
frequently impossible to ride at decent speeds.
Again there is huge geographical variation. in the UK the folk making
them typically can't tell their arses from their elbows, in other
places
I'd trust them to do a better job. And so on.

Some examples of "bicycle facilities" he
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/pete.meg/wcc/facility-of-the-month/.

The Dutch have always been ****ed up all down through their entire
history.
These people even have their own variation of the German language. I
mean,
just how stupid can you get?

Well, you seem to go pretty fast towards the buttom.

Yeah, you too jerk!

Regards,

Ed Dolan the Great - Minnesota
aka

A whole lotta Questions! (so i dont make up 5 threads of 5 diffrent questions) Unisykolist Unicycling 25 May 3rd 08 01:35 AM
A whole lotta Questions! (so i dont make up 5 threads of 5 diffrent questions) Unisykolist Unicycling 10 May 2nd 08 07:02 PM
A whole lotta Questions! (so i dont make up 5 threads of 5 diffrent questions) Eddbmxdude Unicycling 0 April 30th 08 10:18 AM
my trike Chuck Recumbent Biking 3 September 17th 06 01:44 PM
Catrike/Trike Seat Questions [email protected] Recumbent Biking 2 January 17th 06 12:03 AM