This week I leaned something about Ice bottles

Old September 30th 14, 12:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joy Beeson

Default This week I leaned something about Ice bottles

I keep my lunch cold by freezing part of my back-up water supply, and
a Rubbermaid quart-size refrigerator bottle filled with ice cubes is
perfect for the purpose: the square shape fits efficiently into my
newspaper-lined wire pannier, a pint of chilled water will fit in
between the ice cubes, and the bottle is tough enough that I can rap
it sharply to loosen up the ice cubes after they freeze together.

Unless I chill the bottle to zero Fahrenheit first . . .

(0F is about -18C)

--
joy beeson at comcast dot net
http://joybeeson.home.comcast.net/

Old September 30th 14, 12:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

On Mon, 29 Sep 2014 20:50:35 -0300, Joy Beeson
wrote:

I keep my lunch cold by freezing part of my back-up water supply, and
a Rubbermaid quart-size refrigerator bottle filled with ice cubes is
perfect for the purpose: the square shape fits efficiently into my
newspaper-lined wire pannier, a pint of chilled water will fit in
between the ice cubes, and the bottle is tough enough that I can rap
it sharply to loosen up the ice cubes after they freeze together.

Unless I chill the bottle to zero Fahrenheit first . . .

(0F is about -18C)

Actually -17.7777777778 :-)

I usually use two bottles and chill one in the fridge and freeze the
other. The frozen one is still cool after about a two hour ride in
this climate.
--
Cheers,

John B.
Old October 1st 14, 12:52 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

has Joy tried a good chilled Perrier at lunch ?

With rotini quenched in chilled raspberry yogurt ?