Peace Themed Jerseys?

Old January 11th 04, 07:31 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

Default Peace Themed Jerseys?

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 13:11:06 -0500, Lindsay
wrote:

No, there is solid evidence that Iraq was disarmed, and then there are flaky
weaselings by the Bush cabal that he hadn't.

You can say that over and over, but yet you can not provide one shred
of credible evidence to back up your claim. Just like Saddam.

Is that how it works now? You have to incontrovertibly prove a
negative in order to make invasion wrong, rather than having to prove
an assertion before invasion is right? It certainly explains the
observed facts, but it makes for a rather dangerous world order.

Guy
===
http://chapmancentral.demon.co.uk
Old January 11th 04, 08:28 PM
David Reuteler

In rec.bicycles.misc Benjamin Weiner wrote:
: Do you have Vegemite, or is that strictly Australian?
: That **** is a biological weapon of mass destruction if
: I ever smelled one. I think we should invade Australia,
: and NZ if necessary, to take over their Vegemite mines
: before some tinhorn dictator (like the current Aussie PM)
: uses them to hold the world hostage.

vegemite, yuuummmmmm.

don't forget marmite (it's almost as tasty).

http://www.gty.org/~phil/images/marmite.jpg
--
david reuteler

Old January 11th 04, 08:46 PM
jeffbonny

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 15:11:16 +0000, "Just zis Guy, you know?"
wrote:

If you don't want to come to the US, fine. I won't be crying over your
fear.

Fear? No fear involved, I just have no reason to go there.

England and English policies built the IRA!

And American money kept them in arms. But that's different: they are
"freedom fighters" not "terrorists". The difference is well known.

As an American living in Canada most of my life it is interesting to
hear otherwise sane people being so defensive; as if not wanting to
visit what is rapidly becoming more and more a police state were an
attack on them personally rather than a political body or ideology.

Recommended reading:
"And The Rock Cried Out" by Ray Bradbury

jeffb
Old January 12th 04, 12:57 AM
Mike Walton

According to Howard Dean George Bush is a moderate, and to use his
exact quote, he said that "in his soul" Bush was a moderate. Needless
to say, Howard Dean is trying to make America safe for extremists, and
that is exactly what he will accomplish if he hands over the election
to George Bush because no Democrat in his right mind will possibly
vote for this crackpot, and that will clearly marginalize the
Democratic party.

As Governor, Howard Dean endorsed the National Governors Association
policy opposing the Kyoto Protocol and recommending that the United
States "not sign or ratify any agreement that would result in serious
harm to the U.S. economy." For environmentalists, EP, under Dean's
leadership, came to mean "Expedite Permits", rather than Environmental
Protection. Business leaders were especially impressed with the way
Dean went to bat for them against Vermont's stringent environmental
regulations.

Dean has even endorsed the Bush doctrine of preventive war, saying
that he would not rule out using military force to disarm either North
Korea or Iran, and that is perhaps why he is trying to defeat John
Kerry -he is in effect seeking to re-elect George Bush, who thinks and
acts the way he does.

Dean's approach to criminal justice is regressive and draconian, and
that is very common and typical of anybody with his extreme and
overwhelming arrogance. The campaign of this would-be tyrant who
thinks that he is entitled to control the Democratic Party because he
is using the Internet to launder the money that special interest
groups are secretely contributing, has peaked and crashed.

http://www.geocities.com/bobeshope/kerry.htm
Old January 12th 04, 12:58 AM
remove the polite word to reply

Default Local rider "Bites the Dust"

Steve wrote in message . ..
http://www.printemp.net/sdbc/crash.mpeg

How is he? it's terrifying.
Old January 12th 04, 01:20 AM
David Kerber

In article , Kevan@mouse-
potato.com says...
On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 10:15:42 -0500, David Kerber from
Posted via Supernews, http://www.supernews.com wrote:

In article , Kevan@mouse-
potato.com says...
On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 12:39:59 -0500, David Kerber from
Posted via Supernews, http://www.supernews.com wrote:

Nobody said they were. But they pretty much all agreed that Saddam had
WMD. The disagreement was what to do about it and when to do it.

Did you fall into some cult of personality? Did politicians telling you
something dissuade you from findong out the truth on your own? Why were you
willing to trust a politician in a matter of life and death anyway?

The *only* way I'm going to find out anything about WMD's in Saddam's
control is from somebody else. I can't go over there and check the
documents and dig for them myself.

No, but you certainly don't have to trust politicians to tell you about them.
How much do you trust politicians in other areas?

It wasn't just the politicians. Hans Blix didn't believe he got rid of
them either.

Dave Kerber
Fight spam: remove the ns_ from the return address before replying!

Old January 12th 04, 01:43 AM
Steve

On 1/11/04 4:58 PM, in article
, "remove the polite word to
reply" wrote:

Steve wrote in message
. ..
http://www.printemp.net/sdbc/crash.mpeg

How is he? it's terrifying.

Same as he ever was............

Old January 12th 04, 01:54 AM
Lindsay

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 16:07:46 -0600, Kevan Smith
wrote:

I sure can. My evidence: the U.N. inspectors verified the destruction of Iraq's
arsenal.

No they didn't. Please provide whatever evidence you made your
incorrect assumption upon.

Old January 12th 04, 04:01 AM
Keven Ruf

Lindsay wrote in message . ..
They are "anti-american" in a way because
they believe in an overthrow of our capitalist society.

That's great, capitalism and America are synonymous. Are capitalism
and democracy the same?

Turn right three times, you end up the same place if you had just
turned left.

--Keven.
Old January 12th 04, 06:37 AM
Howard Kveck

In article ,
Lindsay wrote:

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 21:59:50 GMT, Howard Kveck
wrote:

While I don't agree with the thought that there was any real 'support'
from France or Russia, what you say is essentially correct. However that
would only matter in the scenario that Saddam comes through the war alive
and in control of Iraq. I cannot imagine he ever thought the latter was
even remotely possible.

I still disagree with you on this. According to some of Saddam's
cronies's they believed that France would be able to stop the US from
going in. They even believed that if we went into Iraq we would never
make it all the way to Baghdad. Why would they believe that? We
didn't go that far last time.

I can't remember where the hell I read it, but I saw something that
quoted a source who had been involved with analysis of the interrogation of
some of the Iraqi mucky-mucks as saying something along the lines of them
telling you the sky was green to get themselves a better deal. I think it
was very obvious in '91 that we were never going to go all the way to
Baghdad, but it was also pretty obvious that we absolutely were this time.

You are also assuming that Saddam thinks like a rational human being.

Heh... Well, he's just about any negative thing you can describe a
person as, but I think he's plenty rational. I don't think he'd have
survived as long as he did if he weren't.

--
tanx,
Howard

Said you hit Roddy Piper, and didn't get a hassle,
Promised your girl filet mignon, then took her to White Castle!
LL Cool J

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?