Anti-Seizing compounds

Old March 24th 05, 12:32 AM
Eddie Nosdtromo

Default Anti-Seizing compounds

I was wondering if I could use the Permatex brand antiseizing compound on
my bike's threading. It's silver in color, as opposed to the bronze color
of a small tube I bought from a bike shop.
Old March 24th 05, 12:41 AM
Neil Brooks

Eddie Nosdtromo wrote:

I was wondering if I could use the Permatex brand antiseizing compound on
my bike's threading. It's silver in color, as opposed to the bronze color
of a small tube I bought from a bike shop.

If you're talking about this stuff: http://snipurl.com/dmc2, you
should be ok.
Old March 24th 05, 12:44 AM
(Pete Cresswell)

Per Eddie Nosdtromo:
I was wondering if I could use the Permatex brand antiseizing compound on
my bike's threading. It's silver in color, as opposed to the bronze color
of a small tube I bought from a bike shop.

There's something about different anti-seizes for Ti bikes vs the rest.

Can somebody comment? It came up in another thread, but I still don't think I
understand.
--
PeteCresswell
Old March 24th 05, 12:57 AM
Neil Brooks

"(Pete Cresswell)" wrote:

Per Eddie Nosdtromo:
I was wondering if I could use the Permatex brand antiseizing compound on
my bike's threading. It's silver in color, as opposed to the bronze color
of a small tube I bought from a bike shop.

There's something about different anti-seizes for Ti bikes vs the rest.

Can somebody comment? It came up in another thread, but I still don't think I
understand.

Pete,

Having just bought a Ti bike, I'm interested. Here's what I've found

Metal Type of Anti-Seize
========== ===============
Stainless Steel Nickel
Brass against steel Nickel
Aluminum against steel Zinc
Monel, Inconel Nickel
Titanium Nickel
General purpose Aluminum-Graphite

http://www.sacskyranch.com/antiseize.htm
http://www.saftlok.com/safteze/antiseiz/nickel.htm
Old March 24th 05, 01:24 AM
Greg Estep

Neil Brooks wrote:
Eddie Nosdtromo wrote:

I was wondering if I could use the Permatex brand antiseizing
compound on my bike's threading. It's silver in color, as opposed
to the bronze color of a small tube I bought from a bike shop.

If you're talking about this stuff: http://snipurl.com/dmc2, you
should be ok.

Permatex also make 2 other anti-seize compounds/lubricants.

Nickel:
http://snipurl.com/dmcs

Copper:
This has a bronze color similar to the tube you got at the bike shop.
http://snipurl.com/dmct

--
Greg Estep
Old March 24th 05, 02:00 AM
Werehatrack

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 17:32:05 -0600, Eddie Nosdtromo
may have said:

I was wondering if I could use the Permatex brand antiseizing compound on
my bike's threading. It's silver in color, as opposed to the bronze color
of a small tube I bought from a bike shop.

Yes.

Old March 24th 05, 03:30 AM
Tom Sherman

(Pete Cresswell) wrote:

Per Eddie Nosdtromo:

I was wondering if I could use the Permatex brand antiseizing compound on
my bike's threading. It's silver in color, as opposed to the bronze color
of a small tube I bought from a bike shop.

There's something about different anti-seizes for Ti bikes vs the rest.

Can somebody comment? It came up in another thread, but I still don't think I
understand.

But your pun is excellent.

--
Tom Sherman - Earth (Downstate Illinois, North of Forgottonia)