Can I keep my feet dry?

Old July 21st 05, 09:33 PM
Peewiglet

Default Can I keep my feet dry?

I've got waterproofs to keep me dry in heavy rain, but I've had soaked
feet a couple of times. My trainers were still wet when I needed to
put them on at the end of the day to ride home again.

Can anyone recommend some sort of overshoe, or other solution? I see
that there are quite a lot available, but I'm not sure which ones may
be better than others.

Many thanks for any help.

Best wishes,
--
,,
(**)PeeWiglet~~
Old July 21st 05, 09:38 PM
Zog The Undeniable

Peewiglet wrote:
I've got waterproofs to keep me dry in heavy rain, but I've had soaked
feet a couple of times. My trainers were still wet when I needed to
put them on at the end of the day to ride home again.

Can anyone recommend some sort of overshoe, or other solution? I see
that there are quite a lot available, but I'm not sure which ones may
be better than others.

Ask at the bike shop for neoprene "booties".
Old July 21st 05, 09:44 PM
Robert

"Peewiglet" wrote in message
I've got waterproofs to keep me dry in heavy rain, but I've had soaked
feet a couple of times. My trainers were still wet when I needed to
put them on at the end of the day to ride home again.

Can anyone recommend some sort of overshoe, or other solution? I see
that there are quite a lot available, but I'm not sure which ones may
be better than others.

Sandals. Dry quickly. It's not wet feet that are horrible it's wet shoes.

Old July 21st 05, 09:45 PM
Danny Colyer

Peewiglet wrote:
I've got waterproofs to keep me dry in heavy rain, but I've had soaked
feet a couple of times. My trainers were still wet when I needed to
put them on at the end of the day to ride home again.

Can anyone recommend some sort of overshoe, or other solution?

Get a proper bike, where your feet are well up out of the spray ;-)

URL:http://www.speedy5.freeserve.co.uk/danny/
Old July 21st 05, 09:46 PM
Geoff Pearson

"Peewiglet" wrote in message
I've got waterproofs to keep me dry in heavy rain, but I've had soaked
feet a couple of times. My trainers were still wet when I needed to
put them on at the end of the day to ride home again.

Can anyone recommend some sort of overshoe, or other solution? I see
that there are quite a lot available, but I'm not sure which ones may
be better than others.

Many thanks for any help.

Best wishes,
--
,,
(**)PeeWiglet~~
/ \ / \ pee AT [guessthisbit].co.uk

I wear as little as possible - I dry quickest

Old July 21st 05, 10:41 PM

I tried "Porelle" waterproof socks but they were hopeless - infact
filled with water and kept my feet wet all day. With just wool socks
they would have dried out a bit. Neoprene overshoes work for a time
until the water finally gets in - and stays in.

Old July 21st 05, 11:24 PM
Simon Brooke

in message , Peewiglet
') wrote:

I've got waterproofs to keep me dry in heavy rain, but I've had soaked
feet a couple of times. My trainers were still wet when I needed to
put them on at the end of the day to ride home again.

Can anyone recommend some sort of overshoe, or other solution? I see
that there are quite a lot available, but I'm not sure which ones may
be better than others.

The problem with overboots, I find, is that water gets into them from the
cleat holes in the bottom. I find SealSkinz socks - actually made of
neoprene, like wetsuits, but covered both inside and out with cotton,
are very good indeed provided you wear waterproof trousers which come
down to below the top of your socks.

Of course, they don't keep your shoes dry, and if you have particularly
sweaty feet they may not be the right solution.

;; 99% of browsers can't run ActiveX controls. Unfortunately
;; 99% of users are using the 1% of browsers that can...
[seen on /. 08:04:02]

Old July 21st 05, 11:41 PM
audrey

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 21:38:59 +0100, Zog The Undeniable
wrote:

Ask at the bike shop for neoprene "booties".

hmm. Booties. Nappy Cream. I sense some kind of trend here ...
Old July 21st 05, 11:52 PM

wrote:

Ask at the bike shop for neoprene "booties".

hmm. Booties. Nappy Cream. I sense some kind of trend here ...

Oh come on, people, if we wanted dry feet, we'd be in cars. Where's our
Blitz spirit?

Old July 22nd 05, 12:04 AM
JimP

Trainers? No chance.

Shimano FR-080 Gore-Tex lined SPD boots. Cycled to Glastonbury in 'em.
Got rained on (more than just a little). Trudged around six inches of
mud and water for a few days. Cycled back to London. Dry feet all the
way.

Sadly, these are no longer made, but the current MT90's look like their
current version of this kind of thing. You'll need some kind of
waterproof trouser type thingies to stop water getting into the top of
them. I used Tchibo's waterproof cycling trousers. If they had been
sold in a tin, it would have said Ronseal on it - says he,
hypothetically believing the output of an ad agency!.

If you're currently cycling in trainers, then maybe non-SPD Gore-Tex
lined boots etc. might do the trick, if you really don't want to be
clipped to the pedals.

Also, whatever socks don't make your feet sweat.

wheel walking w/ big feet ColDawG Unicycling 20 May 10th 05 11:31 PM
sugarloaf gradient lupson Techniques 74 September 15th 04 08:22 PM
Most Vertical Feet in a Year ?? Terry Morse General 16 September 7th 04 11:05 PM
Unicycle ascent/descent of Mt. Evans - 14,264 feet gbarnes Unicycling 19 August 11th 04 02:48 AM
Question on benefits of developing both feet. billham Unicycling 11 January 23rd 04 05:31 PM