Help for Landis

Old July 11th 06, 10:19 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Andre

Default Help for Landis

Who will Phonak send to protect Landis in the mountains tomorrow? Axel
is the best placed. Or Pedriguero , or Moos (can they climb)?. If
Landis cracks then what! Phonak team-car: "Axel, you're our new leader,
go get what you can".

Andre

Old July 12th 06, 03:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Callistus Valerius

Who will Phonak send to protect Landis in the mountains tomorrow? Axel
is the best placed. Or Pedriguero , or Moos (can they climb)?. If
Landis cracks then what! Phonak team-car: "Axel, you're our new leader,
go get what you can".

Landis will be lucky if he doesn't need a wheelchair to get around in,
after this tour. It's really sad. This has to be the most boring Tour of
all time. Sprint after sprint, the route is a dud.

Old July 12th 06, 09:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

Callistus Valerius wrote:
Who will Phonak send to protect Landis in the mountains tomorrow? Axel
is the best placed. Or Pedriguero , or Moos (can they climb)?. If
Landis cracks then what! Phonak team-car: "Axel, you're our new leader,
go get what you can".

Landis will be lucky if he doesn't need a wheelchair to get around in,
after this tour. It's really sad. This has to be the most boring Tour of
all time. Sprint after sprint, the route is a dud.

My wife thought I was running a fever or something when she found out I
wasn't bothering to watch the summary yesterday. 3 flat stages is more
than enough.

Joseph

Old July 12th 06, 09:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Martin

in 513216 20060711 221948 "Andre" wrote:
Who will Phonak send to protect Landis in the mountains tomorrow? Axel
is the best placed. Or Pedriguero , or Moos (can they climb)?. If
Landis cracks then what! Phonak team-car: "Axel, you're our new leader,
go get what you can".

Moos is a very good climber. He did well in the Tour de Suisse a couple of years ago.
Old July 12th 06, 09:16 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Martin

in 513242 20060712 032417 "Callistus Valerius" wrote:
Who will Phonak send to protect Landis in the mountains tomorrow? Axel
is the best placed. Or Pedriguero , or Moos (can they climb)?. If
Landis cracks then what! Phonak team-car: "Axel, you're our new leader,
go get what you can".

Landis will be lucky if he doesn't need a wheelchair to get around in,
after this tour. It's really sad. This has to be the most boring Tour of
all time. Sprint after sprint, the route is a dud.

It's always like this. Everyone knows the tour proper starts halfway through the
second week.

Old July 12th 06, 07:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
jerry in vermont

Andre wrote:
Who will Phonak send to protect Landis in the mountains tomorrow? Axel
is the best placed. Or Pedriguero , or Moos (can they climb)?. If
Landis cracks then what! Phonak team-car: "Axel, you're our new leader,
go get what you can".

Andre

Only ONE other Phonak (Big Axel) in the lead group today with Floyd.
Eeek. That cant be a good sign. Some of them (Pena) were way the ****
back, on a mountain day. I dunno that they would be told to sit up, it
was not a mountain top finish here...

I am a bit worried.

Old July 12th 06, 08:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simon Brooke

in message , Bob Martin

wrote:
Who will Phonak send to protect Landis in the mountains tomorrow?
Axel is the best placed. Or Pedriguero , or Moos (can they climb)?.
If Landis cracks then what! Phonak team-car: "Axel, you're our new
leader, go get what you can".

Landis will be lucky if he doesn't need a wheelchair to get around in,
after this tour. It's really sad. This has to be the most boring Tour
of
all time. Sprint after sprint, the route is a dud.

It's always like this. Everyone knows the tour proper starts halfway
through the second week.

The Tour proper started today. And do not miss tomorrow.

/-\ You have discovered a security flaw in a Microsoft product. You
|-| can report this issue to our security tesm. Would you like to
| | * Be completely ignored (default)?
| | * Receive a form email full of platitudes about how much we care?
\_/ * Spend hours helping us fix this problem for free?
Old July 12th 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

jerry in vermont wrote:

Only ONE other Phonak (Big Axel) in the lead group today with Floyd.
Eeek. That cant be a good sign. Some of them (Pena) were way the ****
back, on a mountain day. I dunno that they would be told to sit up, it
was not a mountain top finish here...

I am a bit worried.

Maybe it was apparent that Floyd didn't need any help beyond what one
or two guys could provide, so they let everyone else have the day off.
If so, then I'd say they were correct and only time will tell if it was
worth it.

If they truly couldn't keep the pace, then time will tell what that
means, too.

Frankly, I think T-Mobile may have spent too much energy on a climbing
stage that didn't matter.

Fred

Old July 12th 06, 09:22 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

fred.garvin wrote:
Frankly, I think T-Mobile may have spent too much energy on a climbing
stage that didn't matter.

And you don't think discovery would have done the same last year if LANCE
had been in the same position ?