Jan's family

Old August 19th 03, 02:10 AM
TritonRider

Default Jan's family

http://www.procycling.com/news_main.asp?newsId=4637

Jan Ullrich confirmed over the weekend that he would not be riding the Tour of
Spain next month, preferring instead to spend some time with his family
following the recent birth of his first child, Sarah-Maria.

This is a major setback for the race organisers as Ullrich’s presence would
undoubtedly have increased international interest in the Vuelta. "Doing the
Vuelta would have meant another three weeks away from home," said Ullrich.

This goes along with the "Killer Instinct" thread. I made the comment months
ago, before the Tour that Jan needed to be more selfish to reach the top in
cycling. Jan seems to be a really good "human, I make mistakes" being."
The Cannibal he isn't, but I think he may go down as the most "common"
selfless campionissimo in history.
Bill C
Old August 19th 03, 05:00 AM
Fred Marx

Also, he's hinted that he's going to marry Gabby soon.
My guess is when the other racers are suffering like dogs in the Vuelta

- Boyd S.

mmmmmmmmm horizontal aerobics... Good prep for C eh n eh d eh.

Old August 19th 03, 09:46 AM
Felix

TritonRider wrote:

http://www.procycling.com/news_main.asp?newsId=4637

Jan Ullrich confirmed over the weekend that he would not be riding the Tour of
Spain next month, preferring instead to spend some time with his family
following the recent birth of his first child, Sarah-Maria.

As a father and husband I can say I like Jan because of this decision. Somtimes the

family is more important than everything else.

That's the reason I often train in early morning when my family sleeps.

Felix,
http://home.tiscalinet.ch/weilenmann/Sport

Old August 19th 03, 01:03 PM
Me

Testify brother,

I'm up at 4a.m. to get my ride in. I'm usually back before they know I've
even gone.

Old August 23rd 03, 06:41 PM
Dashi Toshii

"Khoomei" wrote in message
On 19 Aug 2003 01:10:37 GMT, (TritonRider) wrote:

What took him so long to decide to marry then? Baby first? couldn't
make up his mind?

Marrying is a sign of goodness?

Really?

Dashii

Old August 23rd 03, 10:43 PM
Shayana Kadidal

What took him so long to decide to marry then? Baby first? couldn't
make up his mind?

My understanding is that in Germany these days the custom is to only
get married when a baby is on its way. I suppose this corresponds to
the notion that marriage is reserved for the real commitment -- the
commitment to raising a child together.

Ullrich u. Frau-to-be planned to get married *after* the baby b/c that
was when he felt they could get away from the spotlight.
--Shayana Kadidal
Old August 24th 03, 03:41 AM
Dashi Toshii

"Raymo853" wrote in message

"Khoomei" wrote in message
What took him so long to decide to marry then? Baby first? couldn't
make up his mind?

Most younger German's do not live in the 18th Century like most younger
American's.

Cool but then you don't have AssKroft as Attorney General.

Dashii

Old August 24th 03, 09:33 PM
Lewis Panama

Dashi Toshii wrote in message ...

I don't know what crossing himself has to do with him getting married but
all of that religion stuff is just a myth anyway.

So nice to have that cleared up.