Forget St. Etienne

Old July 23rd 07, 09:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Default Forget St. Etienne

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:
All Dutch "international sporters" (a term defined in the antidoping
rules) must make their training locations and daily training schedule
known to the antidoping authority (DADA..?)

They even made it into Wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dada

Old July 23rd 07, 11:09 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing

On Jul 23, 8:23 am, RonSonic wrote:
On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 22:10:07 -0600, "Steven L. Sheffield"

Michael Arse-ficken should be thrown out of the Tour for his multiple missed
tests over the past couple of years.

**** that. It's stupid that he has to report his ****ing whereabouts like a damn
pervert on parole.

Let Contador and Evans fight it out.

Where was Contador every single week of the last 2 years? Are HIS papers in
order.

They all have to follow this reporting-of-whereabouts protocol.
It's ridiculous, but it's also probably the only way to do
out-of-competition tests fairly.

The thing is, every Olympic athlete has to do this. Even the curlers.
Sundquist has described it in the past, for example:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...dc37c5bf7955eb

It sounds like a huge pain in the ass, but Rasmussen is a pro.
It's his job to not **** it up. Or you could argue that it's his job
to **** it up twice in two different testing regimes, thus potentially
gaining maximum motivational benefit while avoiding three-strikes
from either testing agency. It all depends on what your definition of
his job is.

Ben

Old July 23rd 07, 11:57 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Tom Kunich

"Tuschinski" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jul 23, 2:03 am, "Tom Kunich" cyclintom@yahoo. com wrote:
"Morten Reippuert Knudsen" wrote in
messagenews
This time Chicken stayed on the bike, and his statement from the
restday
claiming that he wouldn't loose more than 3 minuttes came true.

Here's the problem - the only reason he did so well was because of that
little Cat 4 climb at the start of the stage and the fact that he had
clean
roads while almost everyone else was riding on wet slippery roads.

Utter nonsense.

1. The only one with really worse conditions was Vinokourov. The top
ten started very close to each other

3 minutes x 10 people is a half hour. I don't call that close.

2. Rasmussen didn't do well at the climb at all (Contador did), he
only lost 5 seconds to Evans in the last flat miles of the stages

The "last flat miles were the last 6.5 km from the Albi suburbs to the
finish line. After almost 10 km of downhill in which to "rest" I would hope
he would be able to match a rider like Evans. So this means that the Chicken
had to hold Evans on the steeper pitches of the climbs. And there wasn't
enough of them.

Sorry Tom, your reasoning simply doesn't match with the reality of the
stage

Well, certainly we'll see how my reasoning works next Saturday.

Old July 24th 07, 12:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Carl Sundquist

wrote in message
ups.com...

The thing is, every Olympic athlete has to do this. Even the curlers.
Sundquist has described it in the past, for example:
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.b...dc37c5bf7955eb

It sounds like a huge pain in the ass, but Rasmussen is a pro.
It's his job to not **** it up. Or you could argue that it's his job
to **** it up twice in two different testing regimes, thus potentially
gaining maximum motivational benefit while avoiding three-strikes
from either testing agency. It all depends on what your definition of
his job is.

BTW, since that thread was titled "Chenoweth: felon or victim", I should
mention I read recently that he has cancer.

Old July 24th 07, 12:08 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Kurgan Gringioni

On Jul 23, 11:26 am, Morten Reippuert
wrote:
rider isn't
under suscpicion or hasn't voilated any UCI rules.
I'd bet you that neither the Duch, Belgian, French, Spanish, Italian,
Ukranian, Russian, Sweedish or American federation has similar strict
rules.

Dumbass -

The French have the strictest rules.

thanks,

K. Gringioni.

Old July 24th 07, 12:48 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bill C

On Jul 23, 6:09 pm, "
wrote:

It sounds like a huge pain in the ass, but Rasmussen is a pro.
It's his job to not **** it up. Or you could argue that it's his job
to **** it up twice in two different testing regimes, thus potentially
gaining maximum motivational benefit while avoiding three-strikes
from either testing agency. It all depends on what your definition of
his job is.

Ben

OK se he tells them he's in Chiapas. Where the hell do they make him
go to, to do the out of competition testing, or do they just try to
find him when there's no major airport nearby and limited facilities?
Lots of places out there where people aren't easy to find even if you
know where they are, more or less, and that may be the best address
they can give you. I don't have any faith in the testers to make more
than a cursory attempt to do the test before reporting a violation.
Not everyone lives in an easily accessible urban area. Lots of us
would prefer to be really far from that actually.
I'd really like to hear Rasmussens whole story on this. If he's
traveling around Mexico, doing some tourist type exploring and
learning the country and culture while living there they need to make
sure they either get to him or drop the tests. Not everyone lives in a
major Euro city, or wants to, but despite their pandering to making it
a global sport I don't see them understanding the actual conditions in
a lot of those places.
Wealthy, white, urban, mostly Euro, males who aren't exactly
anthropologists and geographers making policy for places and people
they have NO clue about.
I could be totally wrong on this but I'd really like to hear from
some of the riders that are out of the mainstream and what their
experiences have been.
Now a few people can accuse me of being a "Chamois sniffer" again,
but I'd say that I'm more af a cranky populist.
Or maybe just a crank ;-)
Bill C

Old July 24th 07, 04:31 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz

Bill C wrote:
Or maybe just a crank ;-)

http://images.channeladvisor.com/Sel...stard_507a.jpg

Bob Schwartz
Old July 24th 07, 05:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Donald Munro wrote:

Morten Reippuert Knudsen wrote:
Actually Vinokurov should be tested by the Kazakh, French and Monaco's
cycling federations as well as by UCI's because he lives i France and
has a licence from Monaco.

Perhaps they'll have to clone him so he can be in all 3 places at the same
time to be tested. Imagine a whole team of Vino clones.

No, no! Look how much trouble an evil twin caused that poor Mr. Hamilton!

And his little dog, too,

Old July 24th 07, 05:49 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
RonSonic wrote:

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 08:46:38 -0700, Bill C wrote:

On Jul 23, 11:23 am, RonSonic wrote:
On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 22:10:07 -0600, "Steven L. Sheffield"

wrote:
On 07/22/2007 09:29 AM, in article ,
"Morten
Reippuert Knudsen" wrote:

wrote:

I agree, but i've never seen anyone in but meself in rbr expressing
that. Actally the St Etinnene TT wasn't all that bad, he spent more
than 4 miunttes off the bike durring that TT. Assuming he would have
stayed on the bike he wouldn't have lost more than 3 minuttes to
Armstong and 2.30 to Ulrich.

Part of being good at TTs is being prepared, and mentally
or physically, he wasn't prepared. The difference in 2007
is that on the evidence of the picture links Shayana posted,
he's actually spent some time riding his TT bike this year,
or if not that, at least he spent some time getting a fit
for a proper TT position.

I don't think he is going to put as much time into everyone
else in the remaining mountain stages as many in RBR seem
to think; so I don't think he will have much of a cushion
if any by the final TT.

He bolstered his cushion with antother 2:04 to Evans and Kloeden
today. Now he only has to hang on to Contador.

Michael Arse-ficken should be thrown out of the Tour for his multiple
missed
tests over the past couple of years.

**** that. It's stupid that he has to report his ****ing whereabouts like
a damn
pervert on parole.

Let Contador and Evans fight it out.

Where was Contador every single week of the last 2 years? Are HIS papers
in
order.

Ron- Hide quoted text -

And how about the Columbians?? It's a Eurocentric system that works
well for those close by. I wonder how many out of competition tests
they've sent people to Kazakhstan to conduct?
I saw an article this weekend about companies injecting GPS tracking
and security chips into their employees, can the UCI be far behind?
It's not just a nutcase conspiracy thing anymore, unfortunately.
Bill C

I really do understand that out of competition testing is the current thing
and
part of the job. But somehow I am so much more sympathetic to Chicken sending
postcard than I am with the bloodsuckers and peripheral personnel who only
get
to annoy and drain blood from such as him. I guess that's where the
complaints
about men in black come from. Who wants to go to all those weird, wild places
get samples for testing.

Well, I sympathize. You see a recurring pattern of pros loving to train
in the remotest places they can (Axel Merckx has been known to train in
my province*. No word on what colour he wears), and you start to wonder
if those locations are picked because they like lonely locales, or
because they like being very far from WADA agents.

The WADAns often seem to be Nifong-crazy: they over-promise and
under-deliver on prosecutions. I suspect they think they're being "open"
when they talk about their broad impressions of the state of doping in
particular sports and their worries about particular athletes, but I
think they tend more towards "slanderous."

As Ben Franklin once said, it's possible to frame a guilty man.

I've also been wondering about the Hemopure allegations that've just come up.
Who would use something that a seventh grader could detect.

Ron

Dumbass:

a seventh grader? He was a _mountain biker_ at the time!

Like, nearly as bad as triathlism,

*Before this goes any further, I should make it clear that Axel's wife
is from the interior. Just like Rasmussen's wife is from Mexico.

Old July 24th 07, 08:56 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro

Ryan Cousineau wrote:
As Ben Franklin once said, it's possible to frame a guilty man.

If he's so wise why can't he get rid of a few doves crapping on his patio.

a seventh grader? He was a _mountain biker_ at the time!
Like, nearly as bad as triathlism,

Yes, if they ever had any brains to start with the concussion from
multiple crashes destroys the grey matter.

Donald
With what looks like a silicon breast implant sized swelling on my right
back from falling onto a rock while descending a rock infested track
that the MTB'ers referred to as a jeep track. And I still waited for the
motherf**ckers at the top of the climb. I hate rocks like jeff hates speed
bumps.

Forget Doping... Nobody Racing 3 October 4th 06 08:46 AM
Forget Landis how about that Eki! doc Racing 3 July 23rd 06 03:15 PM
Who else did they forget? Veloise General 6 October 6th 05 09:05 PM
saint etienne ITT comparisons Dan Gregory Racing 4 July 18th 05 11:11 PM
Don't Forget Simonb UK 11 April 12th 05 06:55 PM