Virenque

Old July 12th 03, 04:33 PM
DaveG

Default Virenque

Today's stage was tailor made for Richard,someone should have a word
with LeBlanc.

What do they call this style win(Jalabert used to refer to this all
the time)-in French, 'escapade' or something??

Anyway,great great stage win.

Speaking of Jaja,I'm really missing him this year.
When the fat lady sings.........
--
ATB-DaveG

Old July 12th 03, 10:41 PM
DaveG

"Keith" wrote in message

Anyway,great great stage win.

Speaking of Jaja,I'm really missing him this year.

If you were in France you could hear him comment the race live from

a motorbike. Sure beats hearing Billy Patrick on OLN like I did last
year!

Good stuff!

One of the TDF heroes is Jalabert-I bet he ends up running a team.
I love that-the old cyclists reappear years later with a clipboard and
headset-did you see Criquelion yet?

ATB-DG.

Old July 12th 03, 10:54 PM
DaveG

"AMG" wrote in message
What do they call this style win (Jalabert used to refer to this

all
the time) -in French, 'escapade' or something??

The French word échappée (if the accents get mangled I'll try to

repost) has
been used a lot recently, at least over here on the French

television
broadcasts, so maybe this is what you are referring to? It refers to

an
"escape" by a number of cyclists, from the peloton, so maybe

"breakaway"
would be a reasonable translation, as in "he led a three-man

échappée at km
35..."

Voilà.

Hmmm,that's not it,sorry.
Damn thing is driving me crazy now!
It's more like ordeal or adventure.
Thanks.

DaveG,

Old July 12th 03, 11:19 PM
Ewoud Dronkert

On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 22:54:09 +0100, DaveG wrote:
It's more like ordeal or adventure.

The French have a typical French word for that: "raid".

Old July 12th 03, 11:58 PM
benjo maso

"DaveG" wrote in message
"AMG" wrote in message
What do they call this style win (Jalabert used to refer to this

all
the time) -in French, 'escapade' or something??

The French word échappée (if the accents get mangled I'll try to

repost) has
been used a lot recently, at least over here on the French

television
broadcasts, so maybe this is what you are referring to? It refers to

an
"escape" by a number of cyclists, from the peloton, so maybe

"breakaway"
would be a reasonable translation, as in "he led a three-man

échappée at km
35..."

Voilà.

Hmmm,that's not it,sorry.