Saddle recommendation... yeah, I know

Old October 16th 03, 04:09 PM
Dan Daniel

Default Saddle recommendation... yeah, I know

I know- personal experience. Still, I'll ask...

I use a Selle Italia Flite (basic Ti model, single piece black
leather) on the road bike. It works better than anything else I have
tried.

On my commuter/off-road, I have tried the Flite. All in all very good,
but just a tad too hard. So I'm back to the cheapo WTB Speed V, with
too much padding and the wrong shape (too wide in the middle).

So, any recommendations for a saddle that is the same shape as the
Flite but with just a bit more padding? And I mean just a bit- I'd
rather it be on the hard rather than soft side.

Thanks.
Old October 17th 03, 12:25 AM
Brink

Dan,
I tried the Koobi chrono via recommendation from a friend. You can
look at them at www.Koobi.com

I love the saddle. They also offer a free trial. If you don't like it,
they let you send it back. I do not have any affiliation for this
company. I like this saddle very much and so do the reviewers on
www.roadbikereview.com. There is a lot of good input on saddles (along
with other parts) from consumers at roadbikereview. Good luck.

Brink

Old October 17th 03, 01:55 AM
Fred

"Dan Daniel" wrote in message
I know- personal experience. Still, I'll ask...

I use a Selle Italia Flite (basic Ti model, single piece black
leather) on the road bike. It works better than anything else I have
tried.

On my commuter/off-road, I have tried the Flite. All in all very good,
but just a tad too hard. So I'm back to the cheapo WTB Speed V, with
too much padding and the wrong shape (too wide in the middle).

So, any recommendations for a saddle that is the same shape as the
Flite but with just a bit more padding? And I mean just a bit- I'd
rather it be on the hard rather than soft side.

Thanks.

I have a Selle Italia Max Flite on my road bike. The difference is a little
bit of suspension in the back of the saddle that helps smooth out some of
the bumps a little. For me it was a significant difference from a saddle
without it.

Fred

Old October 18th 03, 08:02 PM
Per Elmsäter

Dan Daniel wrote:
I know- personal experience. Still, I'll ask...

I use a Selle Italia Flite (basic Ti model, single piece black
leather) on the road bike. It works better than anything else I have
tried.

On my commuter/off-road, I have tried the Flite. All in all very good,
but just a tad too hard. So I'm back to the cheapo WTB Speed V, with
too much padding and the wrong shape (too wide in the middle).

So, any recommendations for a saddle that is the same shape as the
Flite but with just a bit more padding? And I mean just a bit- I'd
rather it be on the hard rather than soft side.

Thanks.

If the Flite fits you there is a Flite Genuine Gel version. I didn't like it
on my roadbike but it's ok on my MTB.

--
Perre

Recommendation for windproof and (truly) breathable shell? Review Boy General 10 September 8th 03 06:42 PM
vintage brooks saddle Manimal General 27 August 8th 03 09:17 PM
protecting saddle + post from theft? Sanjay Punjab General 13 August 8th 03 02:27 PM
Seat / Saddle / Endurance Ken General 1 July 14th 03 09:40 PM