RR: On The Bike Again

Old January 22nd 07, 03:17 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
GeeDubb

Default On The Bike Again

"daddy" wrote in message
news

Gary(getting brighter out, may have to ride)

Just spoke to my MIL. She said they had snow in
Ahwahtukee this morning! Wild sh*t! Snow in the
Valley of the Sun.... Last time I saw that was in
the 80's, early 90's. (can't remember the exact
year).

I remember it snowing several times as a kid and once in the 80's. Driving
North on Pima road where it use to curve into Bell and damn near went off
the road with the company truck due to slush/ice......I bet the
Superstitions look nice this morning.

Gary

Old January 22nd 07, 03:24 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Paladin

daddy wrote:
what travel are you going to run on the back? I've found that anything
greater than the minimum pogos like crazy so I leave it at 3.5" so I can
climb better.

Gary,

is your's "pushed"? what rear shock do you have? Mine is an 05 Fox Talas
RC Float....

-Gregg (finally the rain has stopped here in Gilbert).

Let me poke my nose in on this conversation. Since you have the Talas
rear shock, it's an easy process to flip it down to short travel on
climbs, and open it up on descents. If you also have adjustable travel
on the front, or at least a lock out, then you can make this a pretty
decent beast for climbing. I'm 180lbs, 5'10" or 11" have an xl frame,
which is really close to a large, and it fits me great. I have a short
stem that is good for control on the downhill, but makes me focus a
little more forward on the climbs.

When I forget to lock anything out on a climb, riding buddies notice
I'm losing a ton of energy to bob, sag, and his buddy pogo.

So take some pictures to post with your ride reports if/when you can...

CDB

Old January 22nd 07, 03:25 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Scott Gordo

JD wrote:
G.T. wrote:
cc wrote:
Ride-A-Lot wrote:
G.T. wrote:
Ride-A-Lot wrote:
GeeDubb wrote:

Nice stuff, Mitch.

Gary

Well, the snow couldn't let a weekend go by as it has not done since
Thanksgiving. So, it is snowing again.

Here's a couple of shots of me. I never get in pictures.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/attachment1.jpg
http://www.schnauzers.ws/attachment2.jpg

Looks like fun, cold, but fun. And, damn, what size wheels are
those? 36ers or something?

Greg

29". They look big because the frame is so small. Remember, I am
only 5'5". It's a great snow bike, though. I'm even thinking about a
pugsley if this keeps up. I ran the tires at about 25# which gave a
pretty good amount of traction.

Holy cow, that's a good question. Those wheels look absolutely ginormous.

Especially the picture from behind. And I know those were 29", er 700c,
I'm sure I've commented on it here in the past.

Anyway, I'm about to head out on my 29er, the one with drop bars. And
since I have a 27" wheeled bike on the way I was wondering why a 29er is
called a 29er when there are 27er's that actually have larger diameter
wheels? I'm surprised the marketeers didn't revive 27" and call it 31"
or something, after all we all know that bigger is better.

Greg

I'm starting the 27er revolution. They have magical properties when
set up as a fixed gear...

JD

Especially if you're using a bike computer. It's more precise since you
don't have to convert metric to mph.

http://lamar.colostate.edu/~hillger/toles-orbiter.gif

/s

Old January 22nd 07, 07:13 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
David W

"Scott Gordo" wrote in message
ps.com...

JD wrote:
G.T. wrote:
cc wrote:
Ride-A-Lot wrote:
G.T. wrote:
Ride-A-Lot wrote:
GeeDubb wrote:

[...]

you do realize you're talking to Mr. ANTI-TECHNOLOGY don't you?

just checking...