A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Time for compulsory Golf helmets and safety glasses



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old October 3rd 18, 06:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,809
Default Time for compulsory Golf helmets and safety glasses


https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/45734449

This is not a unique incident yet organisers are still not mandating compulsory spectator helmets.

Think of the Chiiiilllldruuuuun!!!!!!!.


Ads
  #2  
Old October 4th 18, 03:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
[email protected]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 335
Default Time for compulsory Golf helmets and safety glasses

On Wednesday, October 3, 2018 at 6:16:34 PM UTC+1, Simon Jester wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/45734449

This is not a unique incident yet organisers are still not mandating compulsory spectator helmets.

Think of the Chiiiilllldruuuuun!!!!!!!.


This cop has the right idea.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ingsbarns.html
  #3  
Old October 4th 18, 04:17 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,809
Default Time for compulsory Golf helmets and safety glasses

On Thursday, October 4, 2018 at 3:11:09 PM UTC+1, wrote:
On Wednesday, October 3, 2018 at 6:16:34 PM UTC+1, Simon Jester wrote:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/45734449

This is not a unique incident yet organisers are still not mandating compulsory spectator helmets.

Think of the Chiiiilllldruuuuun!!!!!!!.


This cop has the right idea.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ingsbarns.html



Cop?

If you play or watch Golf you may get hit by a golf ball, **** happens.
Wear PPE if you are worried.
  #4  
Old October 6th 18, 04:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 670
Default Time for compulsory Golf helmets and safety glasses

One hole in Sandy Eggo is down in a canyon and residents _still_ complain about stray golf balls.

They need better golfers or more steel screens.



  #5  
Old October 6th 18, 02:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Jester
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1,809
Default Time for compulsory Golf helmets and safety glasses

On Saturday, October 6, 2018 at 4:21:07 AM UTC+1, Bret Cahill wrote:
One hole in Sandy Eggo is down in a canyon and residents _still_ complain about stray golf balls.

They need better golfers or more steel screens.


https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-45751456

Another golf spectator hit in the head by a golf ball yet no call for compulsory golf watching helmets.
If she had been wearing a cycle helmet we would be told the helmet saved her life.

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
'Helmets should be compulsory for all cyclists' Mr Benn[_5_] UK 46 April 5th 12 08:00 PM
'Doctors' do NOT say that helmets should not be compulsory Mrcheerful[_2_] UK 8 August 9th 11 05:45 AM
Cycling Helmets Compulsory? _[_2_] Racing 2 July 21st 08 12:02 PM
Helmets are compulsory Tilly UK 373 July 6th 05 07:43 PM
Compulsory helmets again! Richard Burton UK 526 December 29th 03 09:19 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.