Idaho Govenor wants wolves dead

Old January 17th 07, 03:15 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

Default Idaho Govenor wants wolves dead

GeeDubb wrote:

and now they're claiming 75% of the CA citrus crop has been ruined so
look for an increase in fuel prices........

Why not take the spoiled fruit and make E85 out of it?

been cooler here in Phx., too. Lot of people with broken water pipes
due to freezing, many of them with solar water heaters trashed. One
community overloaded SWGas and ran out of NG...good planning.

I'm surprised they even knew how to turn the heaters on.

I've got to get better cold riding gear as I'm either too hot or too
cold when riding.

Layer! My typical sub-30 atti

Upper:
UnderArmour winter mock turtleneck
Longsleeve Jersey
Fox Winter Riding Shell
For the extra cold days: Fox MX shirt on top of the shell

Lower:
UnderArmour winter running pants
Riding shorts on top
wool socks
Lake winter boots

Hands:
Burton Glove Liners
Lake Winter Gloves

Head:
UnderArmour Baklava (very toasty)

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old January 17th 07, 03:30 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
GeeDubb

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message
GeeDubb wrote:

and now they're claiming 75% of the CA citrus crop has been ruined so
look for an increase in fuel prices........

Why not take the spoiled fruit and make E85 out of it?

been cooler here in Phx., too. Lot of people with broken water pipes due
to freezing, many of them with solar water heaters trashed. One
community overloaded SWGas and ran out of NG...good planning.

I'm surprised they even knew how to turn the heaters on.

It's the one season thinner blood syndrome. Move here from NY, MI or IL,
live here one summer and claim your blood thinned and now when the temp
drops below 65F it's cold.

I've got to get better cold riding gear as I'm either too hot or too cold
when riding.

Layer! My typical sub-30 atti

Upper:
UnderArmour winter mock turtleneck (not really a turtleneck but a close
resemblance?)
Longsleeve Jersey (too restrictive)
Fox Winter Riding Shell (doesn't breath)
For the extra cold days: Fox MX shirt on top of the shell (ok)

Lower:
UnderArmour winter running pants (way too restrictive for my tree trunks)
Riding shorts on top (ok)
wool socks (but now the poor sheep is cold)
Lake winter boots (?)

Hands: (yea, I've got those)
Burton Glove Liners (can't wear something from a snowboard mfg)
Lake Winter Gloves (too restrictive, little hands don't allow for good
hand/brake coordination)

Head:
UnderArmour Baklava (very toasty) (sounds good for my 1/4" long hair)

I'd sweat like a pig then get cold due to wet clothing if I tried wearing
all of this.

guess I could ride with less energy.....

or stop whining

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws

Old January 17th 07, 03:39 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

GeeDubb wrote:

[...]

That's the beauty of this setup. I sweat too, but the UnderArmour
really does wick it away from your body.

--
o-o-o-o Ride-A-Lot o-o-o-o
www.schnauzers.ws
Old January 18th 07, 01:45 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Mark Hickey

"GeeDubb" wrote:

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message
m...
GeeDubb wrote:

been cooler here in Phx., too. Lot of people with broken water pipes due
to freezing, many of them with solar water heaters trashed. One
community overloaded SWGas and ran out of NG...good planning.

I'm surprised they even knew how to turn the heaters on.

It's the one season thinner blood syndrome. Move here from NY, MI or IL,
live here one summer and claim your blood thinned and now when the temp
drops below 65F it's cold.

It IS a little odd riding in shorts and a short sleeve jersey, passing
people in heavy winter coats. It IS possible to not get overly used
to the warm weather though - the trick is to not overdress. So far, I
don't notice any problem dealing with the cold, even after over a
dozen years in Florida and Arizona.

Mark Hickey
Habanero Cycles
http://www.habcycles.com
Home of the $795 ti frame
Old January 18th 07, 02:52 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
GeeDubb

"Mark Hickey" wrote in message
"GeeDubb" wrote:

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message
om...
GeeDubb wrote:

been cooler here in Phx., too. Lot of people with broken water pipes
due
to freezing, many of them with solar water heaters trashed. One
community overloaded SWGas and ran out of NG...good planning.

I'm surprised they even knew how to turn the heaters on.

It's the one season thinner blood syndrome. Move here from NY, MI or IL,
live here one summer and claim your blood thinned and now when the temp
drops below 65F it's cold.

It IS a little odd riding in shorts and a short sleeve jersey, passing
people in heavy winter coats. It IS possible to not get overly used
to the warm weather though - the trick is to not overdress. So far, I
don't notice any problem dealing with the cold, even after over a
dozen years in Florida and Arizona.

Mark Hickey

I was born here in Phx and always loved the cold and have always worn shorts
throughout the winter until the last two winters. I find myself shivering
when I never use to and it all started at or around the same time I screwed
up my rotator cuff in October of ott 5. ???

I still try to only wear shorts when riding but typically always wear a vest
over a short sleeve jersey. I've taken to wearing a heavy shell when first
starting out but that comes off after a 10-15 minute warm up.

I'd rather ride when it's 115 out.....less people

Gary

getting from Idaho to Moab James_Potter Unicycling 7 January 18th 06 03:06 AM
More Idaho Video Ride-A-Lot Mountain Biking 5 August 28th 05 09:26 PM
Ping Idaho CB Ride-A-Lot Mountain Biking 4 February 4th 05 06:33 AM
clubs in idaho? aurum78 Unicycling 4 December 1st 04 12:33 AM
idaho route 21 David Reuteler General 3 August 17th 04 05:36 PM