my urban bike is junk, a Magna

Old January 17th 07, 03:19 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
daddy

Default my urban bike is junk, a Magna

On Tue, 16 Jan 2007 13:11:57 -0800, JD wrote:

LIBERATOR wrote:
High JD, my buddy pal. You look so good in that pink thong...

Proving yet again what a dumbass you are, not knowing the difference
between a thong and a tutu.

JD

just enjoyed a good dinner, and then I opened up this thread...
thanks.... :-)

Old January 17th 07, 02:57 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
GeeDubb

"daddy" wrote in message
news
just enjoyed a good dinner, and then I opened up this thread...
thanks.... :-)

but the real question is....

did you get that SB up and running yet?

Gary

Old January 18th 07, 01:30 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
daddy

On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 07:57:08 -0700, GeeDubb wrote:

"daddy" wrote in message
news
just enjoyed a good dinner, and then I opened up this thread...
thanks.... :-)

but the real question is....

did you get that SB up and running yet?

Gary

This weekend is my shakedown cruise!! my SRAM cassette was
backordered for three flipping weeks!!!! grrr....

I'm saving a little coin to buy a bike carrier for my MINI
Cooper. (Sold my pickup, so no way to carry the SB, yet).

Old January 18th 07, 02:05 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
GeeDubb

"daddy" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 07:57:08 -0700, GeeDubb wrote:

"daddy" wrote in message
news
just enjoyed a good dinner, and then I opened up this thread...
thanks.... :-)

but the real question is....

did you get that SB up and running yet?

Gary

This weekend is my shakedown cruise!! my SRAM cassette was
backordered for three flipping weeks!!!! grrr....

I'm saving a little coin to buy a bike carrier for my MINI
Cooper. (Sold my pickup, so no way to carry the SB, yet).

You should visit the MTBR AZ Forum (thread about what people don't want to
hear anymore) for comments on the "shakedown cruise" :-)

I think I would have bought another cassette in the interim then used it as
a spare later.

shudakptdatrck.

Gary

Old January 18th 07, 02:32 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
daddy

but the real question is....

did you get that SB up and running yet?

Gary

This weekend is my shakedown cruise!! my SRAM cassette was
backordered for three flipping weeks!!!! grrr....

I'm saving a little coin to buy a bike carrier for my MINI
Cooper. (Sold my pickup, so no way to carry the SB, yet).

You should visit the MTBR AZ Forum (thread about what people don't want to
hear anymore) for comments on the "shakedown cruise" :-)

I think I would have bought another cassette in the interim then used it as
a spare later.

shudakptdatrck.

Gary

part was backordered at the Performance Bike store (Kyrene & Ray) too...
(8 Speed cassette. I'm going "old" school on this baby). :-)

I'll have to check out the shakedown cruise as you suggest....

-Gregg

Old January 19th 07, 01:03 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
daddy

snip

Don't buy Magna and expect reliability. I got this bike at the goodwill
for $5.00. The bottom bracket is shot too.

all you need is a basket & horn. You could still deliver the evening
papers too... a fine workhorse. Not quite Magna grade.

http://www.modells.com/product/index...ductId=2213140

Let us know if you tame "Dakota" with this one....

That's funny, I wouldn't dare try unless I had football helmet and
shoulder pads and knee pads & shin guards. That bike likely would snap
in half on the first rock garden descent.

Hey sport, why don't swing by that Goodwill store where you got
your Magna. Maybe they've got some old football gear lying around.
Make sure you get one of those old leather helmets, (no face guard).
Your mug is pretty durable. Heck, with a rig/setup like this,
"Dakota" is a snap. As always, post a detailed RR.
Old January 19th 07, 08:16 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
LIBERATOR

JD wrote:
LIBERATOR wrote:
High JD, my buddy pal. You look so good in that pink thong...

Proving yet again what a dumbass you are, not knowing the difference
between a thong and a tutu.

JD

lol, I need a bike man. You have an extra good bike you wanna give?