RR: On The Bike Again

Old January 21st 07, 12:28 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

Default RR: On The Bike Again

I was determined to get on the bike again. It had been since
Thanksgiving and while skiing is fun, I need my bike fix. So based upon
some scouting, asking, and guess I made my way to Bear Creek Lake Park
and was joined by Ed (another former Jersey guy). I checked out the
trails before he arrived and unfortunately there were not ridable.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/012007/IMG_5335.jpg

That meant road and bike path. With singlespeeds ready to go, the 29"
wheels hit the clear road until we climb up the damn. At least we had
some dirt.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/012007/IMG_5336.jpg

Even though the bike paths were snow covered, they were sort of plowed.
It actually added some challenge to a normally mundane ride. The one
exception was coming off the south damn which was covered in wind blown
drifts for about 1/4 mile.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/012007/IMG_5337.jpg

Our wheel move a lot faster than the rusty old wagon. Still, it's a
perfect setting for this last bastion of great plains before the foothills.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/012007/IMG_5339.jpg

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/012007/IMG_5340.jpg

More snow covered fun.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/012007/IMG_5342.jpg

Closing off 15 miles with the standard bike against the log picture.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/012007/IMG_5344.jpg

Well, I'm ready to have my trails back now!

Thanks to Ed for the company.
Old January 21st 07, 03:43 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Paladin

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
I was determined to get on the bike again. It had been since
Thanksgiving and while skiing is fun, I need my bike fix. So based upon
some scouting, asking, and guess I made my way to Bear Creek Lake Park
and was joined by Ed (another former Jersey guy). I checked out the
trails before he arrived and unfortunately there were not ridable.

Thanks to Ed for the company.

Cool, and glad you got out for some riding. This picture of yours is
what our upper trails look like:

http://www.schnauzers.ws/images/012007/IMG_5342.jpg Very nice stuff to
ride.

CDB

Old January 21st 07, 05:03 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
GeeDubb

Default On The Bike Again

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message
[...]

I got all ready this morning, camelback filled and my phone rings....."Gary,
it's pouring at my house", What? I look out and surenuff it's pouring at my
house as well. Thirty minutes earlier the sun was peaking through. An hour
later and it's still drizzling.

Would still be a good day for a ss ride on the dg.

Nice stuff, Mitch.

Gary

Old January 21st 07, 05:31 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

GeeDubb wrote:

Nice stuff, Mitch.

Gary

Well, the snow couldn't let a weekend go by as it has not done since
Thanksgiving. So, it is snowing again.

Here's a couple of shots of me. I never get in pictures.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/attachment1.jpg
http://www.schnauzers.ws/attachment2.jpg

Old January 21st 07, 06:14 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
GeeDubb

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message
GeeDubb wrote:

Nice stuff, Mitch.

Gary

Well, the snow couldn't let a weekend go by as it has not done since
Thanksgiving. So, it is snowing again.

Here's a couple of shots of me. I never get in pictures.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/attachment1.jpg
http://www.schnauzers.ws/attachment2.jpg

Snow....bbbrrrrrrrrrr

I understand the "never get in pictures" because like you I'm usually taking
them. The PS trip had few photos taken until the last day.....when I wasn't
there. The recent tour of the BCTLPL may turn up a picture or two of me
that MTBBILL took. Then again, I don't ride well enough to justify the
memory usage!

I still have all my bike stuff laid out just in case it clears off but the
satellite image doesn't look promising. The loop showed a massive cloud
covering damn near the entire country.....

Maybe I'll get to ski after all this year.

Gary

Old January 21st 07, 06:51 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
daddy

On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 10:03:52 -0700, GeeDubb wrote:

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message
[...]

same here chief! And I'm wanting to take my SB on it's shakedown cruise....
grrr..... Sunny "Arid"zona eh???

God I love this frame/setup. What a rock'n bike. (Mitch, JD, others,
thanks for steering me this way...)

Old January 21st 07, 08:03 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
G.T.

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
GeeDubb wrote:

Nice stuff, Mitch.

Gary

Well, the snow couldn't let a weekend go by as it has not done since
Thanksgiving. So, it is snowing again.

Here's a couple of shots of me. I never get in pictures.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/attachment1.jpg
http://www.schnauzers.ws/attachment2.jpg

Looks like fun, cold, but fun. And, damn, what size wheels are those?
36ers or something?

Greg

--
"All my time I spent in heaven
Revelries of dance and wine
Old January 21st 07, 08:15 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
Ride-A-Lot

G.T. wrote:
Ride-A-Lot wrote:
GeeDubb wrote:

Nice stuff, Mitch.

Gary

Well, the snow couldn't let a weekend go by as it has not done since
Thanksgiving. So, it is snowing again.

Here's a couple of shots of me. I never get in pictures.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/attachment1.jpg
http://www.schnauzers.ws/attachment2.jpg

Looks like fun, cold, but fun. And, damn, what size wheels are those?
36ers or something?

Greg

29". They look big because the frame is so small. Remember, I am only
5'5". It's a great snow bike, though. I'm even thinking about a
pugsley if this keeps up. I ran the tires at about 25# which gave a
pretty good amount of traction.

Old January 21st 07, 08:31 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
GeeDubb

news

"Ride-A-Lot" wrote in message
[...]

what travel are you going to run on the back? I've found that anything
greater than the minimum pogos like crazy so I leave it at 3.5" so I can
climb better.

and how do you know you like it until you've actually ridden it hard?

Gary(getting brighter out, may have to ride)

Old January 21st 07, 08:31 PM posted to alt.mountain-bike
cc

Ride-A-Lot wrote:
G.T. wrote:
Ride-A-Lot wrote:
GeeDubb wrote:

Nice stuff, Mitch.

Gary

Well, the snow couldn't let a weekend go by as it has not done since
Thanksgiving. So, it is snowing again.

Here's a couple of shots of me. I never get in pictures.

http://www.schnauzers.ws/attachment1.jpg
http://www.schnauzers.ws/attachment2.jpg

Looks like fun, cold, but fun. And, damn, what size wheels are those?
36ers or something?

Greg

29". They look big because the frame is so small. Remember, I am only
5'5". It's a great snow bike, though. I'm even thinking about a
pugsley if this keeps up. I ran the tires at about 25# which gave a
pretty good amount of traction.

Holy cow, that's a good
question. Those wheels look
absolutely ginormous.