Wow...

Old January 22nd 07, 02:00 AM posted to alt.mountain-bike
G.T.

Default Wow...

....I mean, WOW. I am really going to miss this place. Yeah, I'll be
able to walk to work (it's too close to ride, 1/2 mile, unless I'm in a
real hurry), but I'll be missing out on the great 'cross rides I can do
from here.

I had a great ride yesterday on my Double Cross, climbed half way up Mt
Lukens on it before I ran out of time, so I decided to do another ride
on it today in some local foothills to see what I'll be missing out on
after the move. I've been here for 16 months and kept putting off
riding over there because from looking at Google Earth I could see the
singletrack was a bit wide and smooth to be much fun on my mtn bike.
Sure enough it is wide and smooth but the trails and the fireroads are a
blast on my 'cross bike. Top that off with amazingly clear views of Mt
Lukens, JPL, the Arroyo Seco, Mt Lowe/Mt Wilson/Mt Harvard, the San
Gabriel Valley, Catalina, and LA at sunset and you have a great ride.
Would have been perfect if I hadn't flatted from a goathead which left
me riding on the road for a bit after dark.

Photo report on Spokejunkies to follow.

Greg
--
"All my time I spent in heaven