A Cycling & bikes forum. CycleBanter.com

Go Back   Home » CycleBanter.com forum » Regional Cycling » UK
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Australian drivers carve up cyclists (short video)



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old October 21st 18, 04:39 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_10_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 168
Default Australian drivers carve up cyclists (short video)

On 20/10/2018 23:15, TMS320 wrote:

...I don't know how much is mandatory or voluntary.


That is as one might have suspected.

It didn't stop you offering comment on it.
Ads
  #42  
Old October 21st 18, 07:17 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
TMS320
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,342
Default Australian drivers carve up cyclists (short video)

On 21/10/18 16:39, JNugent wrote:
On 20/10/2018 23:15, TMS320 wrote:

...I don't know how much is mandatory or voluntary.


That is as one might have suspected.

It didn't stop you offering comment on it.


No reason why not. Why does knowledge of the proportions matter?
  #43  
Old October 22nd 18, 12:38 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_10_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 168
Default Australian drivers carve up cyclists (short video)

On 21/10/2018 19:17, TMS320 wrote:

On 21/10/18 16:39, JNugent wrote:
On 20/10/2018 23:15, TMS320 wrote:

...I don't know how much is mandatory or voluntary.


That is as one might have suspected.
It didn't stop you offering comment on it.


No reason why not. Why does knowledge of the proportions matter?


For most purposes, it doesn't.

But it matters when one says that "the authorities" require the use of
hi-viz.

  #44  
Old October 22nd 18, 10:35 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_10_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 168
Default Australian drivers carve up cyclists (short video)

On 20/10/2018 23:15, TMS320 wrote:

On 20/10/18 14:42, JNugent wrote:
On 20/10/2018 12:02, TMS320 wrote:
On 19/10/18 22:34, JNugent wrote:
On 19/09/18 12:04, JNugent wrote:

[JN]
Which "authorities" would that be?

You're the best person to know what you had in mind when you first
mentioned "the authorities" a month and 5 replies ago.


[JN] Easy.
The authorities for the purposes of researching the benefits of easier
visibility for cyclists are the Department of Transport (and the road
research laboratory).


[T3]
You're only replying to yourself.


Er... no.

I was replying to *your* "You're the best person to know what you had in
mind when you first mentioned "the authorities" a month and 5 replies ago".

It's all there, still. Just above.

Though you made the classic mistake of mentioning "easier visibility".
Is visibilty the objective or a means to something else?


It is, of course, both. Visibility in the first instance, and that in
its turn in order to aid road safety.

Even now, the Highway Code only suggests "light-coloured or fluorescent
clothing". The picture shows a rider in jeans and dark t-shirt.


Why would you think the HC suggests "light-coloured or fluorescent
clothing" for cyclists?

Are its writers and custodians just being awkward?

Or is the HC something whose inconvenient bits are to be ignored (eg, by
cyclist fashion victims) when circumstances demand it?
  #45  
Old October 22nd 18, 09:45 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
TMS320
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,342
Default Australian drivers carve up cyclists (short video)

On 22/10/18 00:38, JNugent wrote:
On 21/10/2018 19:17, TMS320 wrote:
On 21/10/18 16:39, JNugent wrote:
On 20/10/2018 23:15, TMS320 wrote:

...I don't know how much is mandatory or voluntary.

That is as one might have suspected.
It didn't stop you offering comment on it.


No reason why not. Why does knowledge of the proportions matter?


For most purposes, it doesn't.

But it matters when one says that "the authorities" require the use of
hi-viz.


Good god. You mentioned "authorities" on 19/09/18 12:04. And then on
19/10/18 22:34 asked what these "authorities" were.

Get your attributions right.

Government entities. Who gives a **** other than you?
  #46  
Old October 22nd 18, 10:42 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_10_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 168
Default Australian drivers carve up cyclists (short video)

On 22/10/2018 21:45, TMS320 wrote:
On 22/10/18 00:38, JNugent wrote:
On 21/10/2018 19:17, TMS320 wrote:
On 21/10/18 16:39, JNugent wrote:
On 20/10/2018 23:15, TMS320 wrote:

...I don't know how much is mandatory or voluntary.

That is as one might have suspected.
It didn't stop you offering comment on it.

No reason why not. Why does knowledge of the proportions matter?


For most purposes, it doesn't.

But it matters when one says that "the authorities" require the use of
hi-viz.


Good god. You mentioned "authorities" on 19/09/18 12:04. And then on
19/10/18 22:34 asked what these "authorities" were.


The "authorities" can be different entities in different contexts.

It may be that you think that there is only one set of them.

Get your attributions right.


What are you talking about?

There's no real need to answer that. It's clear that you don't know.

Government entities. Who gives a **** other than you?


When it comes to little things like obeying the law, not cyclists,
that's for certain.

  #47  
Old October 22nd 18, 11:57 PM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
TMS320
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,342
Default Australian drivers carve up cyclists (short video)

On 22/10/18 22:42, JNugent wrote:
On 22/10/2018 21:45, TMS320 wrote:


Get your attributions right.


What are you talking about?


Exactly what it says.

  #48  
Old October 23rd 18, 12:15 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_10_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 168
Default Australian drivers carve up cyclists (short video)

On 22/10/2018 23:57, TMS320 wrote:

On 22/10/18 22:42, JNugent wrote:
On 22/10/2018 21:45, TMS320 wrote:


Get your attributions right.


What are you talking about?


Exactly what it says.


Care to elucidate?

Or will you hide behind your usual imprecise but snide insinuation(s)?
  #49  
Old October 23rd 18, 08:12 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
TMS320
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,342
Default Australian drivers carve up cyclists (short video)

On 23/10/18 00:15, JNugent wrote:
On 22/10/2018 23:57, TMS320 wrote:
On 22/10/18 22:42, JNugent wrote:
On 22/10/2018 21:45, TMS320 wrote:


Get your attributions right.

What are you talking about?


Exactly what it says.


Care to elucidate?

Or will you hide behind your usual imprecise but snide insinuation(s)?


There is nothing imprecise about the facts. I have already told you twice.
  #50  
Old October 23rd 18, 11:23 AM posted to uk.rec.driving,uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_10_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 168
Default Australian drivers carve up cyclists (short video)

On 23/10/2018 08:12, TMS320 wrote:

On 23/10/18 00:15, JNugent wrote:
On 22/10/2018 23:57, TMS320 wrote:
On 22/10/18 22:42, JNugent wrote:
On 22/10/2018 21:45, TMS320 wrote:

Get your attributions right.

What are you talking about?

Exactly what it says.


Care to elucidate?
Or will you hide behind your usual imprecise but snide insinuation(s)?


There is nothing imprecise about the facts. I have already told you twice.


You haven't "told me" even once.

But you are now in your usual cryptic "Look it up on Google" mode. You
imagine that it makes your "argument" look sound.

 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Invisible cyclists: Eye-tracking experiment finds drivers don't seemore than 1 in 5 riders (+ video) Bod[_5_] UK 15 August 12th 15 10:47 AM
Police target South Australian cyclists deejbah[_2_] Australia 133 January 15th 08 09:00 AM
Cadel on Australian drivers AndrewJ Australia 43 January 12th 08 06:09 AM
australian video! gabetheunicycleman Unicycling 54 January 28th 07 10:05 PM
australian video! tomtrevor Unicycling 0 January 9th 07 01:03 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 CycleBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.