Glad I was wearing a helmet

Old January 4th 09, 12:01 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Wheel Rider

Default Glad I was wearing a helmet

Several riders from Memphis were riding off-road this morning. After 2
hours of riding, we were 50 yards from being finished when my helmet
suddenly became very useful.

I was riding down the last hill which led to a final hill up. At the
bottom of the hill, I had to duck my head to miss a cedar branch that
was hanging over the trail. Then, I grabbed the seat handle and pulled
to get me started up the hill. Just as I started lifting myself off the
seat to get a good pedal stroke up the hill, my head hit a tree limb
that was hanging overhead. The tree limb was about 3 inches in diameter
so it did not move much when I hit it. It certainly jolted my head and
neck.

Hitting the tree limb left a dent in my helmet. Better the helmet than
my head.

Ouch.

--
Wheel Rider

A man can fail many times but he isn't a failure until he begins to
blame someone else. - Waite Phillips

The art of medicine consists of keeping the patient amused while nature
heals the disease. - Voltaire
Old January 4th 09, 12:11 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

I've had a similar thing happen to myself, except it was a falling
brach. Its not all that fun is it?

--
thejdw

-I didn't spell it wrong, you just read it wrong!-
Old January 4th 09, 12:53 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
osmundo

Last winter I was descending a bike path on my Coker. I hit a patch of
black ice and it happened so fast I had no time to react. I fell
straight back and hit the back of my head, literally splitting open a
huge crack in the helmet. That was a good excuse to get a new helmet!

--
osmundo
Old January 4th 09, 02:44 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Biggestbtc

Sheesh...maybe I should get a helmet!

--
Biggestbtc

~Benjamin
Unicycle For Christ

Old January 4th 09, 07:26 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Brian O.

Glad to hear you are okay.

When I was doing some muni last year I was going down a steep section
and fell off forwards. I was able to tuck and roll to recover but then
my unicycle came bouncing down the trail and hit me with the metal pedal
putting a large gash in my hard plastic skate style helmet. It was
incredibly fortunate that I was wearing my helmet because it was getting
late and I had no phone and no one knew where I was. They also wouldn't
have known where I had gone either.

Its very important that when you go riding you let at least one person
know where you are going. Also, always wear a helmet when riding off
road or going big in trials or street.

--
Brian O.

*'ProjectUNI' (http://www.projectuni.com) - *3D Unicycle Computer Game**
- Follow the 'progress.' (http://www.projectuni.com)

*'Get cool unicycle posters, pins and more!'
(http://www.zazzle.com/BrianOleyUni*)* All products are my personal
photography. *Seven* items so far and more to come! * New Poster *

Can you get done for not wearing a helmet? [email protected] UK 14 May 16th 07 02:52 PM
Do we know if Virenque was wearing a helmet? [email protected] Racing 29 August 17th 06 01:10 AM
If only she had been wearing a helmet! 41 Techniques 7 July 27th 05 03:52 PM
Was he wearing a helmet Tilly UK 54 July 13th 05 11:46 PM
What doctors/researchers think about wearing a helmet. John Doe UK 304 December 5th 04 02:32 PM