An alternate competition to TOque 2007

Old February 1st 07, 04:05 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicycle_x

Default An alternate competition to TOque 2007

Hello everyone,

It looks like to me that Toque will once again be cancelled In the
past i have enjoyed going to toque to meet other unicyclist. Last year
at the Waterloo Juggling Festival, we put together a little trials
comp/joy ride. The organizer of the UW juggling festival has informed
me that I can organize a unicycle competition and other unicycle
related events in the festival's time frame. You can think of this as
an alternative to TOque, but the competition will be informal and
consist of natural trials. The University of Waterloo campus has a lot
of good places to do trials.

I know a lot of people were looking forward to meeting other
unicyclists at toque. This is a good chance for people to come and
meet other riders.

The Juggling Festival is taking place on March 10/11 2007 at the
University of Waterloo: Waterloo, Ontario, Canada. This is a one hour
drive from Toronto.

Housing arrangements might be possible depending on the number of
people attending.

Please reply if you think you are going to attend. If we get enough
people together we might be able to give out prizes and what not. I'm
open to any ideas. A street competition is something i have been
thinking of doing if there are enough street riders attending.

If you have any questions or wish to help me organize this event, feel
free to e-mail me at:

Keep on riding,
-Budd White

--
unicycle_x

Has anyone ever done a frame stall? To do it you drop your frame to the
ground infront of you, then jump on the fork, right infront of your
tire. Then you hop back on your pedals and pull the frame up. Did I
invent this? or has someone done it before?
unicycle_x's Profile:
http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3781

Old February 1st 07, 10:10 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kapoute

I'll be interested... but where is waterloo compare to toronto? is it
closer to quebec?

--
kapoute

Julien Renaud

fatguygoesuphill wrote:
Why is my wife so fat and why does it hurt so much?

kapoute's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8060

Old February 2nd 07, 01:02 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Brian MacKenzie

london is only a 30min drive down the highway from Waterloo, we can host
a few travellers if any is coming from a distance

I think 3-5 people from London can make it

--
Brian MacKenzie

DVDs now available from www.LBMmultimedia.com :
'NAUCC 2006' (http://tinyurl.com/lrvln)
'Training Wheel Not Required'
(http://www.LBMmultimedia.com/videos/TWNR.wmv)
Brian MacKenzie's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7650

Old February 2nd 07, 06:37 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
trials_uni

If i can get there ill be there...But getting there is the problem.

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !
'And the Spline Maintenance Guide!'
(http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52195)*UPDATED!!!With
Video*

*Caution-I may have no idea what im talking about*

Old February 7th 07, 07:11 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicycle_x

trials_uni wrote:
If i can get there ill be there...But getting there is the problem.

Well i think there is a coach bus that runs up highway #8. I might be
able to find you a ride, as my family is coming to the event from
niagara falls.

-Budd

Old February 8th 07, 11:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Dr.Gorilla

well i live in guelph so its no problem... im in for it for sure

--
Dr.Gorilla

20" bedford light
RODE DOWN AN 8 SET
Dr.Gorilla's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14018

Old February 8th 07, 11:57 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
cruisecontrol

i live on vancouver island, but it didnt stop me from coming last time
to toque, so why not........ROAD TRIPP!!!!!

probably 2-3 ppl for me.

how long is this going to be? atleast 3 days right? cause thats a ton
of driving to do or flying for a day comp..

justin

--
cruisecontrol
cruisecontrol's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10970

Old February 12th 07, 11:20 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicycle_x

Dr.Gorilla: Its great to hear that you are so close and can make it.
Drop me an e-mail.

cruisecontrol: The official comp/get together date will be the saturday
and sunday. I will be in waterloo the friday night if you wanted to
ride with me or go out and see the town. E-mail me and let me know
what we can work out.

everyone: I now have riders confirmed from ottawa, london, niagara,
guelph, hamilton, and possibly BC. I have talked to Ryan Atkins and he
is pretty sure he can make it aswell.
I now need feed back from you guys. This event is turning out to be
bigger then i expected. What other events do you want to happen
besides the trials comp, high jump, and long jump?

-Budd White

--
unicycle_x

If you need to get a hold of me add me on msn:

unicycle_x's Profile:
http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3781

Kris Holm Invitational Unicycle Competition - Unicycle competition in Burnaby BC. JamesH Unicycling 2 June 22nd 07 10:48 PM
TOque 2007? uniextreme Unicycling 8 December 28th 06 03:32 AM
An alternate rationale... Werehatrack Techniques 3 March 10th 05 12:28 AM
Alternate Drivetrains Dave Techniques 9 October 26th 04 02:38 PM
Lighting + alternate mounting Borrall Wonnell Techniques 5 October 23rd 04 03:40 AM