Annoying things cyclists do

Old October 30th 15, 07:20 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

Default Annoying things cyclists do

They have their very own section at the bottom of this very long list.

http://www.speedlimit.org.uk/annoy.html
Old October 30th 15, 07:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tarcap

"Alycidon" wrote in message

They have their very own section at the bottom of this very long list.

http://www.speedlimit.org.uk/annoy.html

And to add to the post, here's a selection of silly things that silly
cyclists do:

https://www.facebook.com/sillycyclists

Old October 30th 15, 07:35 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Friday, 30 October 2015 19:31:32 UTC, Tarcap wrote:
"Alycidon" wrote in message

They have their very own section at the bottom of this very long list.

http://www.speedlimit.org.uk/annoy.html

And to add to the post, here's a selection of silly things that silly
cyclists do:

https://www.facebook.com/sillycyclists

This is very active indeed.

https://www.facebook.com/Idiot-UK-Dr...3233165824638/
Old October 30th 15, 07:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

You really are one sad ****.

Old October 30th 15, 07:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Tarcap wrote:
"Alycidon" wrote in message

They have their very own section at the bottom of this very long list.

http://www.speedlimit.org.uk/annoy.html

And to add to the post, here's a selection of silly things that silly
cyclists do:

https://www.facebook.com/sillycyclists

Oh, there's loads of that stuff on the web, actually posted by a cyclist.
Google Silly Cyclists, hours of mind boggling stupidity.

Old October 30th 15, 08:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

On 30/10/2015 19:36, David Hume wrote:
Alycidon writes:

They have their very own section at the bottom of this very long list.

http://www.speedlimit.org.uk/annoy.html

This is an odd one:

"Pulling out to overtake parked cars without checking behind"

If a car is approaching a cyclist who is approaching a parked car, what
should the driver expect the cyclist to do? Clearly the drivers think
the cyclist should stop and wait before going around the parked car. But
no car driver would ever do that. Many times I have been overtaking
parked cars and have had to swerve out of the way of a car coming the
other way also overtaking parked cars. The car is on my side of the
road. I am not on his side of the road. But this is irrelevant to the
car driver because he believes he has absolute right and priority at all
times to drive un-hindered by anyone or anything anywhere he wants,
including on the pavement.

You have to be very stupid or have a death wish to not give the
obligatory look behind before making a manouevre such as going around a
parked vehicle, no matter what your mode of transport.
Old October 30th 15, 08:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Fri, 30 Oct 2015 19:36:11 +0000
David Hume wrote:

This is an odd one:

"Pulling out to overtake parked cars without checking behind "

If a car is approaching a cyclist who is approaching a parked car,
what should the driver expect the cyclist to do?

It's mainly applicable to those who ride in the gutter - I adopt an
out-of-the-door-zone position well in advance of cars parked in the
road, which often puts me just to the left of the centreline.

Clearly the drivers think the cyclist should stop and wait before
going around the parked car. But no car driver would ever do that.

Gutter huggers seem to think they're second class road users who should
keep out of the way of motor vehicles.

Many times I have been overtaking parked cars and have had to swerve
out of the way of a car coming the other way also overtaking parked
cars. The car is on my side of the road. I am not on his side of the
road. But this is irrelevant to the car driver because he believes he
has absolute right and priority at all times to drive un-hindered by
anyone or anything anywhere he wants, including on the pavement.

The question of priority and centreline straddling seems to be a source
of much confusion for drivers. Or maybe they just don't care, and
think, as you say, that everyone else should get out of their way.

Old October 30th 15, 08:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Friday, 30 October 2015 20:26:49 UTC, Rob Morley wrote:

The question of priority and centreline straddling seems to be a source
of much confusion for drivers. Or maybe they just don't care, and
think, as you say, that everyone else should get out of their way.

I do a bit of centreline riding here after nearly being swiped by a bus

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/numptybus.wmv
Old October 30th 15, 08:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 30/10/2015 19:20, Alycidon wrote:

They have their very own section at the bottom of this very long list.

http://www.speedlimit.org.uk/annoy.html

"Driving far too close to your back bumper"?

I can't answer for anyone else, but I have almost no control over how
far from the back bumper I drive. It's all to do with the way the car
was built at the factory. The seat moves backwards and forwards a bit,
but there's only one position where it permits the ideal distance to the
pedals. And if that's too far from / too near to the back bumper, tough.
Old October 30th 15, 08:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Lang

Alycidon writes:

They have their very own section at the bottom of this very long list.

http://www.speedlimit.org.uk/annoy.html

This is an odd one:

"Pulling out to overtake parked cars without checking behind"

If a car is approaching a cyclist who is approaching a parked car, what
should the driver expect the cyclist to do? Clearly the drivers think
the cyclist should stop and wait before going around the parked car.

That's exactly what should happen.

But
no car driver would ever do that. Many times I have been overtaking
parked cars and have had to swerve out of the way of a car coming the
other way also overtaking parked cars. The car is on my side of the
road. I am not on his side of the road. But this is irrelevant to the
car driver because he believes he has absolute right and priority at all
times to drive un-hindered by anyone or anything anywhere he wants,

That's is as it should be. Motorists are top of the food chain.

including on the pavement.

Motorists don't drive along the pavement.

The things cyclists do to avoid paying anything. Mrcheerful UK 1 January 19th 15 06:53 PM
Cyclists Know How To Fix Things Bret Cahill UK 18 January 2nd 15 08:01 PM
The things white cyclists say Andre Jute[_2_] Techniques 2 May 24th 10 02:47 AM
how annoying Adam Lea UK 15 July 7th 07 10:13 PM
Things cyclists say... Gearóid Ó Laoi/Garry Lee UK 2 April 20th 04 09:22 AM