New Road bike advice needed....

Old August 10th 03, 10:43 AM
fuelrider

Default New Road bike advice needed....

Hey Rob,

Bought a bike yet? Check this out:
http://www.cyclingforums.com/t36259.html

Old August 10th 03, 10:52 AM
kusamochi

hey bob

if you like it, I can give it to you bit cheaper. contact me if you
are interested. I reckon my avanti is pretty good setup, I put a lot of
efford upgrade and maintain it.

Alan

--
Alan
http://kusamochi.yi.org:222

Old August 12th 03, 01:53 AM
amirm

Rob Woozle wrote:
I am a MTBer who wants a road bike mainly for commuting but also for the
odd triathlon and some training when I want some variety.
$$$ are severely limited and I am hovering between an Avanti Edge,
Avanti Sprint or the Giant OCR3. All are less than a grand which is
my budget.
Any recommendations or other bikes I should look at?
Thanks, Rob

Out of the three, I would go for the Giant.

However, I was recently in the market for a new cheap road bike to
replace my commuting one. I considered Merida 901 and 902 and Trek
1000. But I ended up with a LearSport bike. I'd recommend you take a
look at their line up. The price is very attractive. The Shimano
components are the same regardless of the brand. The frame would be
under question. The workmanship looks as good as other brands, and they
offer 15 years warranty on the frame. This was convincing for me. The
Lear7700 is based on pure Tiagra and a carbon fork which sells for
$1099. An equivalent of this bike from a major brand with such a fork
will fetch at least $700 more.