Cyclists ignoring dismount signs.

Old June 25th 11, 02:00 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

Default Cyclists ignoring dismount signs.

As they have no bearing in law, they legally ignored them.

I stayed on the road, so they didn't apply to me anyway.

And why is there a keep right sign there, if it only "applies" to
peds?
Most odd.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/Cyclistdismount.wmv

--
Simon Mason
Old June 25th 11, 03:55 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
JNugent[_7_]

On 25/06/2011 14:00, Simon Mason wrote:
As they have no bearing in law, they legally ignored them.

I stayed on the road, so they didn't apply to me anyway.

And why is there a keep right sign there, if it only "applies" to
peds?
Most odd.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/Cyclistdismount.wmv

I didn't notice any "Dismount" signs, but what possible reason can that
cyclist have had for suddenly veering over to the right hand side of the
right hand lane on that dual carriageway and then cycling along adjacent to
the centre reservation?

It's not as though there was a right turn in view.
Old June 25th 11, 04:46 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul - xxx[_2_]

Simon Mason wrote:

As they have no bearing in law, they legally ignored them.

I stayed on the road, so they didn't apply to me anyway.

And why is there a keep right sign there, if it only "applies" to
peds?
Most odd.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/Cyclistdismount.wmv

Doesn't look like it to me ... There appears to be a dismount sign only
in the direction you're travelling, and as they appeared to be heading
towards you they may not have passed a dismount sign. The only sign I
saw from 'their' direction was the back of what seemed to be a circular
sign, which would probably be a keep left sign ...

I presume you moved to the right of the carriageway 'cos of an
impending roundabout or junction, but the manouvre seemed a little
early to me as I couldn't see a junction coming up ..

--
Paul - xxx
Old June 25th 11, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Jun 25, 4:46*pm, "Paul - xxx" wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
As they have no bearing in law, they legally ignored them.

I stayed on the road, so they didn't apply to me anyway.

And why is there a keep right sign there, if it only "applies" to
peds?
Most odd.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/Cyclistdismount.wmv

Doesn't look like it to me ... There appears to be a dismount sign only
in the direction you're travelling, and as they appeared to be heading
towards you they may not have passed a dismount sign. *The only sign I
saw from 'their' direction was the back of what seemed to be a circular
sign, which would probably be a keep left sign ...

There is a dismount sign at both ends, because I rode past the other
one last night on the same route as they are shown taking.

I presume you moved to the right of the carriageway 'cos of an
impending roundabout or junction, but the manouvre seemed a little
early to me as I couldn't see a junction coming up ..

Yes, I turn right at a roundabout further up the road, but I like to
move across early doors as if you leave it too late, you can be
struggling to get across as the traffic bunches up as it slows for the
roundabout, the gaps become fewer and smaller and you can run out of
road.

Once I've made that move, then I can relax as that is probably the
most potentially dangerous move on my commute, so I always like to get
it out of the way ASAP.

--
Simon Mason
Old June 25th 11, 06:27 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

On 25/06/2011 14:00, Simon Mason wrote:
As they have no bearing in law, they legally ignored them.

So the arrogant anti social idiots ignored a sign designed to protect
the workforce. It even said 'please'.

University
Old June 25th 11, 06:44 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Jun 25, 6:27*pm, Dave - Cyclists VOR
wrote:
On 25/06/2011 14:00, Simon Mason wrote:

As they have no bearing in law, they legally ignored them.

So the arrogant anti social idiots ignored a sign designed to protect
the workforce. *It even said 'please'.

The long barrier protects the workforce, the dismount signs are a cop
out as the cycle path has become the de facto footpath that is
barriered off. The council cannot condone a shared use path there as
it is too narrow, so they took the easy option. They do the same with
flyovers.

--
Simon Mason
Old June 25th 11, 11:02 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Dave - Cyclists VOR

wrote:
On 25/06/2011 14:00, Simon Mason wrote:

As they have no bearing in law, they legally ignored them.

So the arrogant anti social idiots ignored a sign designed to protect
the workforce. It even said 'please'.

The long barrier protects the workforce, the dismount signs are a cop
out as the cycle path has become the de facto footpath that is
barriered off. The council cannot condone a shared use path there as
it is too narrow, so they took the easy option. They do the same with
flyovers.

But the arrogant anti social cyclists still ignored the sign?

University
Old June 26th 11, 05:22 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Sat, 25 Jun 2011 06:00:53 -0700 (PDT), Simon Mason
wrote:

As they have no bearing in law, they legally ignored them.

Note the word "please" - bit of a clue there.

Still - wasting their time with ****ing selfish cyclists as you can see.

Simple really

--
Simple Simon Mason - who cycles at 25mph in 20mph limits just because the limits do not apply to cyclists.
This includes exceeding the speed limit past three schools. A total disregard for the well-being of vulnerable road users.

Old June 26th 11, 05:25 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Judith[_4_]

On Sat, 25 Jun 2011 15:55:17 +0100, JNugent wrote:

On 25/06/2011 14:00, Simon Mason wrote:
As they have no bearing in law, they legally ignored them.

I stayed on the road, so they didn't apply to me anyway.

And why is there a keep right sign there, if it only "applies" to
peds?
Most odd.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/Cyclistdismount.wmv

I didn't notice any "Dismount" signs, but what possible reason can that
cyclist have had for suddenly veering over to the right hand side of the
right hand lane on that dual carriageway and then cycling along adjacent to
the centre reservation?

It's not as though there was a right turn in view.

"He is allowed to" is the usual selfish mantra

I think Simple must each morning think "How many own goals can I score today?"

Simple really.

Old June 26th 11, 09:48 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason

news
wrote:
On 25/06/2011 14:00, Simon Mason wrote:

As they have no bearing in law, they legally ignored them.

So the arrogant anti social idiots ignored a sign designed to protect
the workforce. It even said 'please'.

The long barrier protects the workforce, the dismount signs are a cop
out as the cycle path has become the de facto footpath that is
barriered off. The council cannot condone a shared use path there as
it is too narrow, so they took the easy option. They do the same with
flyovers.

But the arrogant anti social cyclists still ignored the sign?

Many more drivers ignore the 40mph sign and that is a *legal* order.
Unlike dismount signs.
--
Simon Mason

Cyclists Dismount Sign AndyC UK 473 December 7th 08 09:07 PM
Cyclists Dismount Tom Crispin UK 11 May 16th 08 06:36 PM
FOTM End of route, cyclists dismount Martin Dann UK 20 November 10th 07 07:05 PM
Cyclists Dismount! [email protected] UK 39 February 9th 07 02:27 PM
Cyclists dismount(English)=bladder disease has returned(Welsh) Peter Fox UK 6 August 16th 06 09:28 PM