Cyclists ignoring signs get a ticket

Old November 16th 11, 08:47 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
JNugent[_7_]

Default Cyclists ignoring signs get a ticket

On 16/11/2011 20:46, Peter Keller wrote:
On Wed, 16 Nov 2011 18:25:45 +0000, Judith wrote:

On Tue, 15 Nov 2011 01:08:09 +0000 (UTC), Peter Keller
wrote:

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 13:22:41 +0000, Judith wrote:

Please do not believe the ****e which Mason posts.

I am not taking any ****ing orders from ****ing you about whatever
****ing thing I will ****ing believe in from whatever ****ing source.

I forget that English is not your first language:

OED

Please, adv :
Used in polite request

So "please do not" is not actually a "****ing order"

It bloody well is, especially coming from ****ing you!
I assess posts, sayings, opinions etc independently of pressure from
spoilsport powerhungry feminazis.

*Language*, Timothy!
Old November 16th 11, 10:26 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Judith[_4_]

wrote:

On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 13:22:41 +0000, Judith wrote:

Please do not believe the ****e which Mason posts.

I am not taking any ****ing orders from ****ing you about whatever
****ing thing I will ****ing believe in from whatever ****ing source.

I forget that English is not your first language:

OED

Please, adv :
Used in polite request

So "please do not" is not actually a "****ing order"

It bloody well is, especially coming from ****ing you!
I assess posts, sayings, opinions etc independently of pressure from
spoilsport powerhungry feminazis.

You should not get so up tight about things you know - you may suffer another
heart attack.

Old November 17th 11, 03:54 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_4_]

On Nov 14, 10:48*pm, Alex Heney wrote:
On Mon, 14 Nov 2011 13:22:41 +0000, Judith
wrote:

On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 04:43:02 -0800 (PST), Simon Mason
wrote:

On Nov 13, 12:31*pm, "Lieutenant Scott" wrote:
On Sun, 13 Nov 2011 12:13:54 -0000, Simon Mason wrote:
On Nov 13, 11:41 am, "Lieutenant Scott" wrote:

No you are helping a criminal escape punishment.

By preventing the crime, not moving it. *Twit. *READ what I write.

The police will prevent the crime of speeding for good by nabbing them
enough times to get them off the road where they can do the public no
harm. Warning them is obstruction, pure and simple.

No, they will nab them enough times to make them buy a satnav with a speed camera database - or at least that's what happened to me.

If you drive in France with it turned on, you will get fined for that.

Please do not believe the ****e which Mason posts.

I understand that systems which detect the radar speed traps are illegal in
France; BUT not the Garmin which is just telling you of the locations.

If I am wrong - I would like to see something authoritative - other than the
musing of the ****wit Simple Simon

No, you are correct.

http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice...ectors-in-fran...
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
To reply by email, my address is alexATheneyDOTplusDOTcom- Hide quoted text -

That is what I understood, yes. The legal blurb which came with my
Garmin states that the speed camera warning option that comes bundled
with it must be turned OFF while driving in France. Thanks for
confirming this.

--
Simon Mason
Old November 17th 11, 10:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Mick the Moderator

Default Apology (Was: Cyclists ignoring signs get a ticket)

It appears that the above post was an abusive or trolling messsage from
judith, a known serial offender. We apologise for any distress this
obnoxious message may have caused, it has now been reported to
as a violation of their acceptable use policy. This does not preclude additional
reports of this abuse, should you feel so motivated.

Thank you for your patience during this hopefully brief interruption to your usenet pleasure.
--
Mick the Moderator
pp. the Hon. Nigel P. Smallpiece (CEO), Knotty Ash Jam Butty Enterprises plc, England

Old November 17th 11, 10:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mick the Moderator

It appears that the above post was an abusive or trolling messsage from
The Medway Handyman, a known serial offender. We apologise for any distress this
obnoxious message may have caused, it has now been reported to http://netreport.virginmedia.com

Old November 17th 11, 04:21 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Judith[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

Eeerr - I think you have dropped yet another bollock there.

I think Alex was not confirming what *you* said at all.

"This legislation does not apply to satellite navigation systems (SatNav or
GPS). These can tell motorists only the location of fixed speed cameras, data
which is already in the public domain."

(I've put uk.legal back in for you - it was inadvertently chopped by someone)
Old November 17th 11, 09:41 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Peter Keller[_3_]

wrote:

It bloody well is, especially coming from ****ing you! I assess posts,
sayings, opinions etc independently of pressure from spoilsport
powerhungry feminazis.

You should not get so up tight about things you know - you may suffer
another heart attack.

That is your hope.
Thank you sweety.

--
An oft-repeated lie is still a lie.
Old November 18th 11, 02:43 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling,uk.legal
Simon Mason[_4_]

wrote:

It bloody well is, especially coming from ****ing you! I assess posts,
sayings, opinions etc independently of pressure from spoilsport
powerhungry feminazis.

You should not get so up tight about things you know - you may suffer
another heart attack.

That is your hope.
Thank you sweety.

--
An oft-repeated lie is still a lie.

My heart is 100% sound, thanks all the same.

--
Simon Mason