Something you don't see every day

Old February 16th 12, 04:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

Default Something you don't see every day

In Southern California many yards have swimming pools ...
But in Southern Colorado ...
37.191463°,-108.096291°

DR
Old February 16th 12, 02:23 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

On 2/15/2012 10:45 PM, DirtRoadie wrote:
In Southern California many yards have swimming pools ...
But in Southern Colorado ...
37.191463°,-108.096291°

DR

You see that every day, at least in that part of Colorado.
Many of his neighbors have smaller versions. And yes, they
appear to be for water storage.

Old February 16th 12, 04:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

On Feb 16, 7:23*am, Fred Flintstein
wrote:
On 2/15/2012 10:45 PM, DirtRoadie wrote:

In Southern California many yards have swimming pools ...
But in Southern Colorado ...
37.191463°,-108.096291°

DR

You see that every day, at least in that part of Colorado.
Many of his neighbors have smaller versions. And yes, they
appear to be for water storage.

No, trust me. If that were merely some arbitrary water storage
structure I would not have posted it here.
It is a purpose-built structure, rare in any part of Colorado, but not
unknown.
Here's another:
38.829212°, -104.795697°

DR

Old February 16th 12, 06:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

On Feb 16, 10:40*am, --D-y wrote:
On Feb 15, 10:45*pm, DirtRoadie wrote:

In Southern California many yards have swimming pools ...
But in Southern Colorado ...
37.191463°,-108.096291°

DR

I get a map.

The imagery I was referring to is that seen using Google Earth or a
"satellite" view in http://maps.google.com/

DR
Old February 16th 12, 06:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Fred Flintstein

On 2/16/2012 11:40 AM, --D-y wrote:
On Feb 15, 10:45 pm, wrote:
In Southern California many yards have swimming pools ...
But in Southern Colorado ...
37.191463°,-108.096291°

DR

I get a map.
--D-y

If you copy and paste that into the Fly To in Google Earth
it'll show you the Dryside Velodrome. Which at this point
in time could store a lot of water.

Old February 16th 12, 06:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
DirtRoadie

On Feb 16, 11:04*am, Fred Flintstein
wrote:
On 2/16/2012 11:40 AM, --D-y wrote:

On Feb 15, 10:45 pm, *wrote:
In Southern California many yards have swimming pools ...
But in Southern Colorado ...
37.191463°,-108.096291°

DR

I get a map.
--D-y

If you copy and paste that into the Fly To in Google Earth
it'll show you the Dryside Velodrome. Which at this point
in time could store a lot of water.

And which may become its ultimate, though unintended, purpose for
existence.
http://drysidevelodrome.wordpress.co...om-carousel-72

DR
Old February 16th 12, 07:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Simply Fred

DirtRoadie wrote:
No, trust me. If that were merely some arbitrary water storage
structure I would not have posted it here.
It is a purpose-built structure, rare in any part of Colorado, but not
unknown.
Here's another:
38.829212°, -104.795697°

Does LANCE have one ? Perhaps that would account for his water usage
account.
Old February 19th 12, 11:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

Why are you stocking people in Colorado ?
Old February 19th 12, 11:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Anton Berlin

Here's an interesting place

39.114862,-94.55158

It's near where they hold some of the events for the Tour of Kansas
City. it looks like it could be turned into a velodrome but it was
probably an old water treatment facility in the early 1900s.

If you're ever there racing it's up the hill on Cliff Drive - would
easily be a 500m drome if someone cut down the trees and broke out the
middle dividing wall.