A bike you've never seen before

Old October 10th 05, 04:07 PM
Andy Gee

Default A bike you've never seen before

Bill wrote in
:

If you have made 25 miles on it then kudos to you. I now have to
wonder if it will take hills and how do you stop it fast? Toy,
invention, or whatever, it is a trend that probably should take off so
people could get the upper workout. I find lifting weights boring, but
rowing a boat through places motorized boats can't get to keeps me
busy when I get the chance. New places to explore get me going much
better than a gym membership ever would.
Bill

It will not take a hill at all; any incline greater than 17 degrees has to
be climbed by taking one foot off the pedal and kicking like a regular
scooter. It had a chance to take off (Venice Beach word of mouth, late
night TV ads, the works) but it just never happened. One day I'm just
going to hire an engineer and reduce the ArmBike to a manageable size and
see what happens. I'm glad there's at least one other person who wants a
serious full-body workout during transportation!

--ag
Old October 10th 05, 10:22 PM
Bill

Andy Gee wrote:
It will not take a hill at all; any incline greater than 17 degrees has to
be climbed by taking one foot off the pedal and kicking like a regular
scooter. It had a chance to take off (Venice Beach word of mouth, late
night TV ads, the works) but it just never happened. One day I'm just
going to hire an engineer and reduce the ArmBike to a manageable size and
see what happens. I'm glad there's at least one other person who wants a
serious full-body workout during transportation!

--ag

I would love it, since I started cycling all my muscles have gone to my
legs except my forearms from grabbing the handlebars. If it was
re-engineered to be more ergonomic it should take off, but the buying
public may just be too inflexible. Buy a new video game, sure, but buy a
wierd looking bike, never. Too many people are hung up on buying big
televisions, or useless electronic toys, and many twenty to thirty year
olds don't realize that they are hurting themselves more than helping.
It takes being about 40 something to make you realize that all that beer
and television aren't going to help you in the long run or even live to
see it.

Bill
Old October 10th 05, 10:50 PM
Andy Gee

Bill wrote in
:

Andy Gee wrote:
[...]

Well, if it's any incentive, you would be amazed at how many women stop
me to chat whenever I'm riding one of my "weird-lookers."

You're right, though, I was 40 when I realized that spending money on a
good matress, pillow and quilt; clothes that don't wear out, bicycles
instead of a new car, etc, was far better than buying the latest gizmo.

--ag
Old October 11th 05, 12:33 AM
Bill

Andy Gee wrote:

Well, if it's any incentive, you would be amazed at how many women stop
me to chat whenever I'm riding one of my "weird-lookers."

You're right, though, I was 40 when I realized that spending money on a
good matress, pillow and quilt; clothes that don't wear out, bicycles
instead of a new car, etc, was far better than buying the latest gizmo.

--ag

I hear that and second it. I have enough little gizmos to play with and
they all have different layouts/keypads but the bikes are mostly the
same. Besides, I would not mind being stopped and chatting with a few of
the ladies. I just would not want some Bubba looking too closely.
Bill

My New Bike brucianna General 6 June 8th 05 08:45 AM
Trips for Kids 13th Annual Bike Swap & Sale Marilyn Price Rides 0 June 1st 04 04:53 AM
Trips for Kids 13th Annual Bike Swap & Sale Marilyn Price General 0 June 1st 04 04:52 AM
Trips for Kids 13th Annual Bike Swap & Sale Marilyn Price Recumbent Biking 0 June 1st 04 04:49 AM
aus.bicycle FAQ (Monthly(ish) Posting) kingsley Australia 3 February 24th 04 08:44 PM