Male Cyclists Doomed To Become Impotent ?

Old October 8th 05, 05:57 PM
rms

Default Male Cyclists Doomed To Become Impotent ?

"there are only two kinds of male cyclists - those who are impotent and
those who will be impotent."

"Your Bicycle Seat May Affect Your Love Life "
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/04/he...icle_popular_4

Anyone have links to these new noseless, wide seats? I'd like to buy a good
one.

rms

Old October 8th 05, 06:26 PM
mark

"rms" wrote ...
"there are only two kinds of male cyclists - those who are impotent and
those who will be impotent."

"Your Bicycle Seat May Affect Your Love Life "
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/04/he...icle_popular_4

Anyone have links to these new noseless, wide seats? I'd like to buy a
good one.

rms

This article has been discussed in at least one thread on rmb, and in other
USENET bicycle forums. Similar articles have been published by the NY Times
and various other publications at various other times in the past.

Before you spend money on a new saddle, try adjusting the saddle you already
have. Tilting the seat forward a tiny bit will relieve a fair bit of
pressure on the area in question if you're experiencing any problems with
numbness. Sliding the saddle back and forth on the seatpost will also change
the way your posterior contacts the saddle. Other factors to consider are
stem length, top tube length, handle bar height and the amount of padding on
your current saddle (too little is better than too much).
--
mark

Old October 8th 05, 07:04 PM
Maggie

rms wrote:
"there are only two kinds of male cyclists - those who are impotent and
those who will be impotent."

"Your Bicycle Seat May Affect Your Love Life "
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/10/04/he...icle_popular_4

Anyone have links to these new noseless, wide seats? I'd like to buy a good
one.

rms

Hasn't this impotence issue been discussed as much as helmets and pink
spandex? Wear boxers, and if your private parts start to hurt, get off
the damn bike. Impotence comes from wearing tight jeans, while trying
to look like a stud muffin. You end up ****ing off those little sperm
and they rebel. The penis wants revenge so it starts shooting blanks.
You know the old saying..ummm..what was that old saying...I know it had
to do with squashing the genitals into pants two sizes too small for
you. Hang loose. Showing your tight ass is not worth screwing up your
ability to reproduce. ;-)

Thats my take on it. ;-)

IT IS POURING IN JERSEY........POURING...I better ride my stationary.

Maggie

Old October 8th 05, 07:23 PM
Just zis Guy, you know?

"rms" sd / msg
dtd Sat, 08 Oct 2005
16:57:42 GMT:

"there are only two kinds of male cyclists - those who are impotent and
those who will be impotent."

False. There are at least two other kinds: those who die (including
of old age) before they become impotent, and those who ride Sensible
Bicycles rather than those uprwrong abominations.

But the saddle companies don't like to talk about those people, and
certainly don't fund scientists to write about them.

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk

Old October 8th 05, 08:32 PM
Roger Zoul

:
[...]

Impotence and shooting blanks aren't the same thing. I'm not so sure I mind
shooting blanks at this point in my life, but not being able to get it up
would be a HUGE problem! Not being able to get HUGE would be a HUGE problem
for any guy, wouldn't you think, Mags? hehe.

Old October 8th 05, 08:55 PM
bryanska

Anyone have links to these new noseless, wide seats? I'd like to buy a good
one.

Classic RBM behavior. Answer the question with discussion.

So how about it? DOES anyone have links?

Old October 8th 05, 08:57 PM
Bill Sornson

rms wrote:

Anyone have links to these new noseless, wide seats? I'd like to buy
a good one.

Contradiction in terms.

Old October 8th 05, 08:59 PM
Maggie

bryanska wrote:
Anyone have links to these new noseless, wide seats? I'd like to buy a good
one.

Classic RBM behavior. Answer the question with discussion.

So how about it? DOES anyone have links?

I think I might be the missing link...does that help?

Maggie

Old October 8th 05, 09:03 PM
B. Lafferty

"Maggie" wrote in message
ups.com...

bryanska wrote:
Anyone have links to these new noseless, wide seats? I'd like to buy a
good
one.

Classic RBM behavior. Answer the question with discussion.

So how about it? DOES anyone have links?

I think I might be the missing link...does that help?

Maggie

There is no problem with saddles that have noses. Impotence is a great
excuse to get out and ride more without distractions. :-)

Old October 8th 05, 11:02 PM
Ken Pisichko

So tell me - in the history of "The Bicycle" HOW MANY male cyclists have become impotent.
Eh?? Eh?? Data to support this proposition?? Eh? DATA?? Eh?

Much ado about NOTHING - to quote Wm Shakespeare.
Fear mongering and marketing at it's WORST!!

Give me a Brooks saddle any day! A B-17, even!! I have 4 of them and will be bicycling
close to 3000 km next summer sitting on one of them - WITHOUT any care about possible
impotence. I will be killed by an airplane crashing into me while bicycling first - THEN I
have a chance of becoming impotent from bicycling on a classic (B-17) Brooks saddle..

PERIOD!!

AMEN!!

Let us move on to the next useful thread....

Ken
Canada

water bottles,helmets Mark General 191 July 17th 05 04:05 PM
London Critical Mass confronts a motorist. [email protected] UK 127 June 6th 05 09:26 AM
Five cyclists cleared Marty Wallace Australia 2 July 3rd 04 11:15 PM
MP wants cyclists banned-Morn. Pen. rickster Australia 10 June 1st 04 01:22 AM
"Japan cracks down on 'killer' cyclists." D. Telegraph, 7.4.2004 Scott Leckey UK 42 April 13th 04 09:18 PM