Learning to ride....

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 4th 05, 05:01 AM
nxixcxk

Default Learning to ride....

I just bout a uni and have a few questions on how to mount/ride.

1. When mounting, is it a good idea to have both hands on the front of
the seat to protect my nuts? If I don't...everytime I try to mount it
feels like I get kicked in the nuts.

2. So far I have been keeping both hands on the front of the seat while
somewhat holding my body weight off (to alleviate stress on my nuts), is
this a good idea?

3. Should I remove my hands from the seat when I try to take my first
pedal?

Thanks for any suggestions...after 3 hours of practicing... I have a
stomach ache, since the nerves that innervate the nuts go right up into
the belly .

Oh and also, I'm not using a wall or any support device to start...would
I learn quicker if I used some sort of support device as oppose to
simply freestyling it?

--
nxixcxk
nxixcxk's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10250