speaking of Jobst

Old June 8th 14, 12:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default speaking of Jobst

I agree. Low traffic good air solitary riding at medium and longer distances is positive.
Old June 10th 14, 02:50 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tim McNamara

On Mon, 09 Jun 2014 05:55:48 +0100, Phil W Lee
wrote:
Tim McNamara considered Thu, 05 Jun 2014
20:20:43 -0500 the perfect time to write:

On Wed, 04 Jun 2014 07:28:48 -0500, AMuzi wrote:
On 6/3/2014 8:49 PM, Dan O wrote:
On Tuesday, June 3, 2014 5:29:02 PM UTC-7, Tim McNamara wrote:
On Tue, 3 Jun 2014 08:37:36 -0700 (PDT) wrote:
On Saturday, October 27, 2012 6:09:27 PM UTC+1, LF wrote:

Anyone know how my eFriend Jobst is doing?

Still nobody know anything about Jobst? It's very strange.

http://rayhosler.wordpress.com/2013/...moon-and-back/

Not much news, but then it is a private matter. Ray occasionally
posts mention of a visit with Jobst.

It is what it is, and that's all right (what else could it be?)

Hey BTW, Tim... (picture me as Steve Martin as Navin Johnson
jumping up-and-down with a thick [phone] book in his hands), "The
DSM-V is here! The DSM-V is here!" :-)

Oh, joy. Now you can scientifically prove that each and every one of
us is an outlier in need of expensive treatment.

One of my gripes is exactly that. The statstics about the prevalence
of mental health problems suggest that about 137% of the population
suffers from one mental illness or another. I'm being a little
facetious there.

Or maybe a little paranoid? :-)

Doesn't mean they aren't out to get you. :-D

But most of us get along fine- we get to work, we maintain family
relationships and friendships, we get done the stuff we need to get
done. There's a good sized chunk of us that aren't doing so well for
a variety of reasons- schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, major
depression, autism, substance abuse, brain injuries, etc.- and getting
good help can be critical for them to be as safe, healthy and
productive as they can.

Frankly there are enough of those folks that it's not necessary to
cast a wider net and convince even more people that there is something
wrong with them; the mental health system as it stands now can barely
keep up with the load and sometimes muffs it big time.

DSM-V has actually removed some diagnoses.

It has, has added many and has altered many. As a psychologist in my
professional life, the DSM revisions are mostly annoying. That is,
however, the pitfall of working in a (so far) stochastic profession.
Iteration is the name of the game. Broadening the applicability of
diagnoses seems problematic because there are few strong tests for
making objective diagnosis and may increase the risk of over-diagnosis
in a self-serving manner for my profession. The point is supposed to be
to help the client, after all, not to line the pockets of the provider.
I worry that the changes to the DSM do the latter more than the former.
Old June 10th 14, 02:06 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

page 111

post suggesting an examination of cycling visavee mental health goes un-noticed 'ceptin the main practitioners.

Yes, people need guidance. Look around what do you see ?

Florida, I'm on the Gulf, boasts the highest crime level and lowest intelligence level of the 50. From state gov to the homeless shelter. The state moves neurosis into a higher denotive level. There is no grip.

speaking of Jobst Don Gillies[_2_] Techniques 82 August 13th 13 03:05 PM
How's Jobst Doing? Tosspot[_3_] Techniques 54 July 18th 12 01:58 AM
Jobst Phil H Techniques 83 July 13th 11 12:53 AM
Jobst Brad Anders Racing 20 January 19th 11 06:31 PM
Jobst TriGuru55x11 Rides 1 January 19th 11 02:13 PM