Helmet Nazis at It Again!

Old September 17th 06, 12:19 AM posted to nyc.bicycles,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,nyc.general
Ted

Default Helmet Nazis at It Again!

My sympathies to Bill for his tooth injuries.

Ted.

Old September 17th 06, 12:23 AM posted to nyc.bicycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc
R Brickston

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 23:06:38 GMT, Bill Baka wrote:

Chris BeHanna wrote:
Followups trimmed to only groups that have "bicycle" in them.

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 09:17:40 -0500, Roger Houston wrote:

"Bill Baka" wrote in message
.. .
The major part of his liver fell in the exact middle of their cloth. His
head, unhurt, was about 50 feet away, without a helmet.
You are SO full of ****.

So plonk him. If everyone who can't stand the BS he spouts plonks him,
then it will be as if he weren't even here. Your own S/N ratio view of
r.b.m will increase, even if the actual S/N ratio of r.b.m does not.

It isn't BS. It actually happened in the town of Santa Cruz in the 70's.
The train was coming slowly across the bridge and then blah, blah, blah, blah,
blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,, blah, blah, blah, blah,
blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah,

mercy snip

Bill Baka

My gripe is being on r.b.m and all the excessive cross posts, so I never
know who I am replying to. Brickston and Dolan did that.

1. One more time- Hey, jerkoff, Dolan and I are not the source for
starting or changing threads to go to multiple groups. Why don't you
cut the address list down, moron. Here's the groups you just posted
to:

nyc.bicycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc

Can you figure out how to limit it to the group or groups you want,
****wit? Mr. Computer Expert Running Linux - Baka, you're a joke.

2. Here are Billy's most used lines:

"It isn't BS."

"It actually happened..."
Old September 17th 06, 12:44 AM posted to nyc.bicycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc
Bill Baka

Chris BeHanna wrote:
Followups trimmed to only groups that have "bicycle" in them.

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 09:17:40 -0500, Roger Houston wrote:

.. .

Yeah I know that, brick****, but I don't know who sent the post.

Can you figure out how to limit it to the group or groups you want,
****wit? Mr. Computer Expert Running Linux - Baka, you're a joke.

I can cut it down if I know who I am replying too, but I didn't.
Yeah, this computer expert is using Red Hat, Debian, Ubuntu, IBM /
Novell, and more. Ubuntu is the easiest for the average person to use so
I will probably recommend it to my home customers who are sick of paying
Microsuck so much money.

2. Here are Billy's most used lines:

"It isn't BS."

"It actually happened..."

You can go back to your padded room now, where apparently nothing
happens but they gave you a computer to irritate people on newsgroups.
Just exactly what kind of mental illness do you have?
Terminal asshole? If they let you out on the street someone would
probably do the world a big favor and break your neck.

Try this link.

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/archive/archive.html

I sent a letter to the editor to see if he knew anything about it.
Their archives only go back to 1999 so I asked if he could put me in
contact with the police on this one. My wife and stepson saw it happen
in 1977, not me.
BTW, you are plonked, but if you can get a lead on this you will just
prove me right and you an even bigger asshole, so I am not holding my
breath over you. I wouldn't **** on you if you were on fire. Throw
gasoline, yes, **** on you I wouldn't waste the water.
Live short and don't prosper, jerk.
Bill Baka
Old September 17th 06, 01:20 AM posted to nyc.bicycles,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc
R Brickston

Chris BeHanna wrote:
Followups trimmed to only groups that have "bicycle" in them.

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 09:17:40 -0500, Roger Houston wrote:

"Bill Baka" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Well, Doofus, you know that this message came from me and what group I
reside on, and yet you neglected to pare the group list back, asswipe.

Can you figure out how to limit it to the group or groups you want,
****wit? Mr. Computer Expert Running Linux - Baka, you're a joke.

I can cut it down if I know who I am replying too, but I didn't.

Read my response above, Computer Meister.

Yeah, this computer expert is using Red Hat, Debian, Ubuntu, IBM /
Novell, and more. Ubuntu is the easiest for the average person to use so
I will probably recommend it to my home customers who are sick of paying
Microsuck so much money.

Clueless, as usual.

2. Here are Billy's most used lines:

"It isn't BS."

"It actually happened..."

You can go back to your padded room now, where apparently nothing
happens but they gave you a computer to irritate people on newsgroups.
Just exactly what kind of mental illness do you have?
Terminal asshole? If they let you out on the street someone would
probably do the world a big favor and break your neck.

There ya go with the violence again.

Try this link.

http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/archive/archive.html

I sent a letter to the editor to see if he knew anything about it.
Their archives only go back to 1999 so I asked if he could put me in
contact with the police on this one. My wife and stepson saw it happen
in 1977, not me.
BTW, you are plonked,

Plonked? You moron, what's that, for the 10th time already?

but if you can get a lead on this you will just
prove me right and you an even bigger asshole, so I am not holding my
breath over you. I wouldn't **** on you if you were on fire. Throw
gasoline, yes, **** on you I wouldn't waste the water.
Live short and don't prosper, jerk.
Bill Baka

Dickweed, no one said the accident did not happen, I just have my
doubts about the guy's liver landing in the middle of someone's lunch.
You have too much bs Baka. And if you find your article it better have
the "liver picnic" included.
Old September 17th 06, 04:18 AM posted to nyc.bicycles,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,nyc.general
Bill Z.

writes:

On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 20:22:09 GMT,
(Bill Z.)
wrote:

(Tom Keats) writes:

In article ,
(Bill Z.) writes:

I believe the MHL in California applies to those under 18 - is that
the driving age in that state?

The driving age is 16 - if the helmet law is for under 18 as
opposed to under 16 or 16 or under, I made an "off by one" error
(to use the common software-engineering term), not that it makes
any significant difference.

And as for the use of the term "only" - there are over 10 million
residents who are currently required to wear a helmet while cycling;
California passed the first MHL in the United states, and has
continued to expand the number and situations where people must do so.

Huh? There has been no helmet legislation that I'm aware of that does
that. Some parks have required helmets on off-road paths, but that is
only possible because the path is not a facility covered by the CVC
(California Vehicle Code). The CVC specifically prohibits local
jurisdictions from regulating anything the CVC covers except when the
CVC provides explicit authorization to do that (e.g, for no-parking
zones). It is illegal for any jurisdiction to require that adults
(people over the legal age limit) use helmets while cycling on any
road.

As to "over 10 million residents", that is just rhetoric. You are
basically complaining about children. An Austrailian study showed
that mandatory helmet laws are cost effective for children in that
the medical cost reductions are higher than the cost of a helmet
purchase. This may reflect the sometimes eratic behavior of
children or the amount and type of bicyling they do. That doesn't
seem to be true of adults.

--
My real name backwards: nemuaZ lliB
Old September 17th 06, 04:40 AM posted to nyc.bicycles,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,nyc.general
Jack May

"Bill Baka" wrote in message
.. .
Tom Keats wrote:
In article ,
Bill Baka writes:

My only response to this thread is about the same as before.

Everybody's an expert.

Especially you.

Have you ever been run over by a train and cut in two without head
injuries and the top half jumped up and said "I'm fine."? I saw the
results of human versus car and human versus Semi and helmet or not, all
the pieces scattered around were DEAD. My wife and her 2 children by a
first husband (wife beater) saw a drunk try to hop a train and he missed
the handrail. He went right under the wheels on the bridge and there were
people trying to picnic down there with human body parts falling on them.
The major part of his liver fell in the exact middle of their cloth. His
head, unhurt, was about 50 feet away, without a helmet.
The fire department was called not to render aid and sew him back
together, but to pick up all the pieces and hose off both the tracks and
the beach. Since this happened before I met my wife in 1977 all I can say
is that it happened sometime in the 1970's in Santa Cruz, Ca.

Do yah think a brain bucket would have saved him?
Maybe they wrote it up as pedestrian killed, no helmet.

Why do you think your example proves anything?

In the real world know perfection is impossible. We always must live with
what can be achieved.

Old September 17th 06, 10:35 AM posted to nyc.bicycles,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,nyc.general
Bill Baka

Jack May wrote:
"Bill Baka" wrote in message
.. .
Tom Keats wrote:
In article ,
Bill Baka writes:

[...]

All I was alluding to is that while a bicycle helmet marginally
increases your chances of survival is that if you go under a car, truck,
or train, you are dead, helmet or not. I have a helmet but it only would
help me if I went straight down on my head, in which case I might break
my neck Christopher Reeves style. There is a critical area all around
the bottom of a bicycle helmet where a strike to the skull could be
deadly. Forehead, temples, ears, and most critically the back of the
neck where all the autonomic parts of the brain are. A broken skull in
the direct back of the head is a guaranteed death sentence if that part
of the brain is damaged badly enough, and it doesn't take much there.
Bill Baka
Maybe a cross between a full motorcycle helmet and a bicycle helmet?
Old September 17th 06, 12:33 PM posted to nyc.bicycles,alt.planning.urban,rec.bicycles.soc,rec.bicycles.misc,nyc.general
george conklin

wrote in message
On 15 Sep 2006 18:33:12 -0700, "Beach Runner"
wrote:

Two years ago my father, now 80 was riding. He ducked under a bunch of
branches,
stuck his head up, and there was a tree limb.

Without a helmet, he's dead.

Are you sure?

Your father, bless him, in search of the truth went and did the same
thing without a helmet, and died?

For a motor cycle rider or a bicycle rider not to wear a helmet is like a
car owner cutting out the seat belts and air bags in order to express his
freedom.

Old September 17th 06, 01:26 PM posted to nyc.bicycles,rec.bicycles.misc,rec.bicycles.soc

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 03:23:40 GMT, (Bill Z.)
wrote:

writes:

We know that having to wear a helmet puts people off cycling.

That's actually not true except during a transitional time period.

Cite?